Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hollerween!!!!

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » The Monkey Hole » Hollerween!!!! « Previous Next »

Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 1004

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The brilliant thing about Eddie Izzard is that he doesn't try to look like a woman. I mean, he'd be a dead ugly broad. He just wears dresses and makeup and heels that look good on him.

My pal Scott (who was really pretty before years of bitterness and burboun caught up with him) did a brilliant drag on one occasion. Mind you, he's 6' tall, but he looked good. Really nice gams. He even got hit on by some unsuspecting guys, who ran like hell when he smiled coquettishly and said "thank you" in his full basso profundo.
Paranoid Absintheur (Crowlyman)
le Duc
Username: Crowlyman

Post Number: 321

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just want to come off as a straight man in womans clothing. Male lesbian. I don't want to come off as a drag queen. I guess thats the distinction I want to make.
Karl (Raschied)
le Duc
Username: Raschied

Post Number: 318

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Back in the heyday of the internet, I was part of a daily talk show (Kiki at Midnight) and we did a "tranvestite day" where all the cast members gender-bent.

I did the "Budweiser Ladies Night" style transvestite. Didn't shave, just put on a dress and lipstick, and put my long mullet hair up in twin ponytails (with wires in them to make them stick up.) I kept an unlit cigarette hanging out of my mouth. It was ugly.

One of the other guys did the all-out "Sean Young in Bladerunner" look, with the wig and the dress and everything. He was dreamy. He kept asking for a mimosa.

Kiki dressed as a little annoying Francophile with a bad accent.

I guess it's up to your own personal style. The guy in the middle of my descriptions is straight, and he went for the all-out femme look and demeanor. He said he's done this before for the Exotic Erotic ball in SF. He could've ALMOST passed for a woman.

I realized from the first moment I couldn't pull it off, so I went the other route. Picture Popeye the sailor in a dress.

Just my 2 centavos.

As far as makeup is concerned, the biggest issue for a guy is cover-up. You'll have to wear an overall cover to help hide the whiskers. The eyes and lips are done almost the same as a woman, though.

Now I gotta see if I can find the pictures....
Rock over London, Rock on Chicago.
Pontiac - We build Excitement.
Darrin, Stalker of Head (Traineraz)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Traineraz

Post Number: 908
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Stop it, you're getting me all hot and bothered.

Well, bothered, anyway.
He who would sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither.

-- Thus Spake Zoboomafoo
Jay & The Imp (Thegreenimp)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Thegreenimp

Post Number: 284

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Even worse
auntie edgar
How Much Thujone could a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck could chuck thujone?
Jay & The Imp (Thegreenimp)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Thegreenimp

Post Number: 283

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's not a pretty picture
hoover
How Much Thujone could a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck could chuck thujone?
Darrin, Stalker of Head (Traineraz)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Traineraz

Post Number: 906
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You could just research Hoover. J. Edgar, that is, not Herbert.
He who would sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither.

-- Thus Spake Zoboomafoo
Paranoid Absintheur (Crowlyman)
le Duc
Username: Crowlyman

Post Number: 320

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hollerween is a comin' and I got myself an idea for this year.
Usually when I dress up, I like to go all out. It's the acting bug that lies in wait within me that causes this. If I dress up, I like it to be as authentic as possible and whimsy to boot. One year I played Alex from A Clockwork Orange (film). I had the eyelashes and everything. The cod-piece was hard to find so I had to be without. It doesn't end with the clothing; I must also act the part out. Since a bit of the old in-out in-out was out of the question, I basically did alot of staring at people and things in that creepy sort of Kubrickian fashion. Another year, I played a preist while my wife (while pregnant) played a pregnant nun. Now that I think about it, she should have been a young altar boy LOL.

What's at the top of a triangle you ask? Why, it's a point! and I was just getting to it!

I have been listening to Eddie Izzard and have just today read a bit of a gossip column about one of the Matrix creators being a transvestite. So my idea for this year is to play a transvestite as authentically as possible.
The way I understand this is that most transvestites are staight men that like to wear ladies things. Male-lesbian as Izzard likes to say...

So, that being more verbose than needed, I have a few questions that maybe someone here may know something about, or at least point me in the right direction.

Does a straight transvestite try to retain some of his man-like posture or physique? How is makeup applied? Like a woman would do hers(womanly), or like a man accentuating a man's features? How about hair? I have decided already that I won't be shaving my legs and that I will probably wear a pant suit or something of the sort. My facial hair will have to go, of course and I will have to continue to grow out my head hairs. That's no problem because I already have just above shoulder-length hair as it is.

Does anyone have any idea about this sort of thing?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page