Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 23, 2003

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Forty dollar bottle of mouthwash » Archive through May 23, 2003 « Previous Next »

Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 165

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, bankruptcy was my final legal hurdle for all the troubles i was having the past couple years. when i left the treasury dept offices and stepped out onto the sidewalk, i stopped and took a breath and the nasty polluted downtown air never tasted so good.
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 164

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh yeah... i forgot all about that stuff. i always take that after long plane trips and such.
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1845

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

About bancruptcy, it can be a great relief if you've been trying to dig out a financial hole for a while. I tried for years and couldn't make any ground up (girlfriend trouble, lack of work for 5 months, mortgage and rent, blah, blah, blah). Once I declared, I could answer the phone again, I didn't mind getting the mail. If I hadn't done it, I wouldn't have been able to buy the Lil' Mansion in da 'Hood because my credit would still be messed up, not clean from the 10 years of the bancruptcy.

You just may be happy, pal (he, he). I'm in the same boat.
Will work for absinthe.
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 587
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Melatonin, baby, Melatonin. It'll fix your insomnia right up. Next day, it's a "Posterpedic Morning".
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 163

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i've tried absinthe, jager, meds, exercising, etc... not all at the same time of course... but hey, maybe that'll work :D

been going to bed same time as always.

as for the 30minute thing, i've never been able to fall asleep withing 30min of going to bed... maybe like 3 percent of the time i will. usually takes me an hour to 90min, sometimes longer.

just been havin this lately. sometimes i'll get sleepless nights, but maybe like one or two nights every couple of months... this had been going on for a couple weeks now or so...

hell, last night i didn't sleep at all. was still awake an hour ago so said fuck it, took a shower and went for a walk. picked up some odwalla superfood and some grapes while i was out too.

haven't been eating much lately either. just haven't been hungry, coupled with the fact that i'm pretty much broke and have no credit anymore since i just declared bankruptcy :-)

wierd thing is i'm feeling alright, sometimes better than alright... dare i say happy... and i think maybe that's it. i think i just don't know how to deal with being happy, and my body is freaking out.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1844

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was talking about absinthe only. Shit makes me sleep like a champ once I hit the rack. And only 1 drink of it.

I used 1/4 tablets of Sominex for a while and slept great. The problem was, even w/such a small dose, I couldn't wake the fuck up in the a.m. I'd be good for a couple of hours, then all noddy and shit.
Will work for absinthe.
The Red Pigeon (Icarus)
le Duc
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 343

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 7:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sound advice from the liver... except for the alcohol part. It may make you "Feel" tired for a short time, but booze interferes with the deep sleep our bodies require to fully rest. If you have a serious problem with sleeping, alcohol will not help in the long run.

One needs to associate the bed with sleep only. No reading, drinking, TV etc. in the bed. Just sleep.

So hit the sack, give it 30-45min, if no sleepy get up go away from the bed and do something. Try the bed again later. If problems persist try staying up for 24 hrs, and hitting the sack at the time you'd like to "normally" fall asleep.

I get bouts of insomnia. But I don't mind, they are kinda fun.
Spoon Boy (Absinthespoon)
le Duc
Username: Absinthespoon

Post Number: 291

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 7:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have two words for you: Tylenol PM. Just don't drink anything around the time you take it.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1843

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 6:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Turn any clocks away from where you can see them from bed. No TV, radio, reading in the sleep chamber. Hit the rack about the same time each p.m. Slug back a big glass of fairy squeezin's right before you fight the sandman.

Former former insomniac (having trouble sleeping since we moved into this big, ol' house),
LL
Will work for absinthe.
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 162

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 6:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

and drop some sleeping pills in it, i'm getting sick of this insomnia shite... grrr...
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 161

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 4:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

make it a cold one
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1842

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Man, I'm gonna crack you one!
Will work for absinthe.
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 160

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ah... i see someone's been reading my online journal :D

i've been abstaining from this for LL, but i do believe this deserves a.... hehe
Jay & The Imp (Thegreenimp)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Thegreenimp

Post Number: 285

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Watch Out!, He is.......Don't look directly into those eyes.
cball
How Much Thujone could a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck could chuck thujone?
I like mustard (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3422

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm psychic or something...
John J. O'Malley (El_cid)
Mousquetaire
Username: El_cid

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

funny you should mention that, I do work for the the aerospace industry
I like mustard (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3421

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Takes a rocket scientist doesn't it...
John J. O'Malley (El_cid)
Paysan
Username: El_cid

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pastor of Muppets, what kind of Oprah conversation is insomnia, salad, and tuna? even your moniker is creepy!
Nabber86 (Nabber86)
Mousquetaire
Username: Nabber86

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Found it! After much experimentation the following recipe really is good and got me over the shock of pure chartreuse on the rocks:

1 part chartreuse
2 parts Kettle One vodka
1 dash bitters

Put in cocktail mixer with lots-o-ice and shake vigorously. Pour into pre-chilled glass. Add 1 thin slice of lemon. Kind of like a lemon drop or a kamakaza, only much more refined. I think I can learn to like this stuff if approached with respect.

Ye Fuckin' haw!

Simple, yet effective.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc
Username: Mattm3

Post Number: 396

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is the fake.

How sweet life can be when the misery of ones existance is blurred by slight intoxication!!!

August Strindburg
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc
Username: Mattm3

Post Number: 395

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Early in the 20th century the Carthusian monks - les Pères Chartreux - were expelled from France and had to open
a distillery in Tarragona, Spain.
In France, a private company launched an imitation of their liqueur. Its bottle and labels were identical to the ones the Carthusians had used. There was only one way to differentiate the original liqueur from its copy : the printer of the labels refused to work for the imitators. Instead of his name (Lith.Allier.Grenoble), the labels bare the name "Imp.Lith.Grenoble".

How sweet life can be when the misery of ones existance is blurred by slight intoxication!!!

August Strindburg
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1839

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah the Rusty Nail. The 1st mixed drink I ever had-Left for me in a coffee cup in a bustub by a gimpy old waitress I was working a banquet function w/when I was 17.
Also the 1st mixed drink I had to make in my new career as Barman.
The Great Circle of Booze just keeps on spinnin'.
Will work for absinthe.
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 434

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

vintage tarragona chartreuse (i guess when the monks were throw out of france they went to spain) is being sold in paris...vintage as in the 1970's...if you can hold on to it long enough (around 60 years) it really gets good....
Z (Zman7)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Zman7

Post Number: 302
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's too bad that Chartreuse is artificially colored these days.
Imperial Order of Absinthe
Crosby (Crosby)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Crosby

Post Number: 550

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like a slightly rusty nail:

3/4 scotch
1/4 Drambuie
C'est ma santé

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page