Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Pacharan, Cherry Liquer and 8$ absint...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Pacharan, Cherry Liquer and 8$ absinthe from spain « Previous Next »

mattm3 (Mattm3)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Mattm3

Post Number: 430

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"This stuff was amazing. No 2nd fairies, but something was happing after one small glass."

That may be the same wonderful "Red Dye" buzz that you get from SlurPiss!
How sweet life can be when the misery of ones existance is blurred by slight intoxication!!!

August Strindburg http://www.skumpy.com/eha/absinthe.html
Pervert Euchre (Perruche_verte)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Perruche_verte

Post Number: 470

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Other people have reported asking for absinthe in Spain, only to be told that it's illegal or that it will make you crazy. See Pierre Verte's stories for more info.
"Drink accomplished what God did not." --Marguerite Duras
Bd (Thesubletter)
Mousquetaire
Username: Thesubletter

Post Number: 35

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thats a really cool name. Pastor of muppets. That shit made me laugh

:while in my La blanche like state.:
I cant wait to try it. The cherry booz was great
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 170

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i've talked about patcharan/patxaran in many threads before. i love the stuff. 'tis yummy.
Bd (Thesubletter)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 34

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

this site has some more info on these drinks. No absinthe. Do you think absinthe is looked down upon by common people in spain? Like absinthe here ?
http://www.selectspain.org/us2/home.html
Bd (Thesubletter)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 33

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pacharan, Cherry Liquer and 8$ absinthe from spain.
I went to a dinner party last night at a friends Spanish restaraunt and had a talk with her older brother. They had just got back from Spain and other european countries. I asked about Absinthe and if it is a common drink. I heard it was in portugal.
He said he did not see it served in any bars but it was in every store. As cheap as $8. I saw one of the bottles it was frosted glass with a red label, and the word ABSINTHE very big. There was nothing special about it, I didnt even see a brand name. It also had a picture of a girl on it, Kinda like the St. Pauli's girl picture. It smelled of that cheap generic nyquil absinthe smell. Did not try it though. I told him to come over and have a glass of Segarra one day. The real stuff.

I asked about Pacharan he said it was great stuff and i could look forward to tasting it in the future.

Then he delieverd a nice little glass of ice cold red liquid. MMMN Cherry.... It was made some how from cherries and was very sweet. This stuff was amazing. No 2nd fairies, but something was happing after one small glass. I was told that there is only one city in the world that makes this drink. Somewhere in spain of course.
Anyway thats my story. Has anyone else ever had Pacharan or the cherry drink. { I can't remember the name of it?}

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page