Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Elixier & Absinthe Chocolate [review]...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Elixier & Absinthe Chocolate [review] « Previous Next »

Moonman's friend (Wolfgang)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Wolfgang

Post Number: 946
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oups...I missread your first post. You`r right, I was not talking about the same thing.
Miss Thing (Miss_thing)
Paysan
Username: Miss_thing

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm.. I don't think this is the same Elixier - this one just says Fee Verte's Elixier 70% Bitterspirituose on the label and no wooden bottle to be seen :-) It's 50cl.
Eric Mathew Przygocki (Eric)
Mousquetaire
Username: Eric

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I brought back one of the small wooden bottles of the "Elixir de la grande chartreuse" from Paris. I have not tried it yet, but I just might have to break it out soon.
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 173

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ooh i'll have to try that some time wolfie :D
Moonman's friend (Wolfgang)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Wolfgang

Post Number: 944
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The "Elixir de la grande chartreuse" is an exceptional and potent "magic potion"... It was availlable here at my local liquor store in a tiny bottle hidden in a wood "bottle" last year, unfortunately they don't carry it anymore.

Not an everyday drink but amazing to make my Big red monk drink (1oz chartreuse or elixir, 2oz campary, top with tonic water and a bit of fresh lime juice).
mattm3 (Mattm3)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Mattm3

Post Number: 429

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wow Markus your first groupie!
How sweet life can be when the misery of ones existance is blurred by slight intoxication!!!

August Strindburg http://www.skumpy.com/eha/absinthe.html
Markus Lion (Mclion)
le Duc
Username: Mclion

Post Number: 146

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Good to hear, that you like the products. Shipping time is remarkable...

Let's see if the parcel from Australia which I've ordered is here as fast :-))

Markus
www.LaFeeVerte.de
Miss Thing (Miss_thing)
Paysan
Username: Miss_thing

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My recent order from Markus arrived in swift fashion and with no problems [to Western Australia].

3 bottles: Elixier, Un Emile and Deva 50 [for friends].

Haven't opened the Un Emile, that's waiting for .. . the right moment.

Did try the Elixier on Saturday though. I quite like it. Very much non-anise, had quite alot in common with Chartreuse, I felt. So much so that I immediately went and had a shot of Chartreuse to compare. Chartreuse sweeter and felt more potent, which I suppose is odd considering the Elixier is supposed to be 70%...

But I tell you what, I couldn't have had more than 50 - 60mls that evening, plus the shot of Chartreuse, and I did feel rather drunk indeed. Not quiet enough an evening to really tell much of secondary effects or anything though. Thumbs up, enjoyable, pleasantly herbal and just a bit bitter. Very palatable drink.

The absinthe [Versinthe] chocolate was also rather pleasant. I like bitter dark chocolate and this was smooth and the anise flavour complemented it well. I'd buy it again, as it compares reasonably well cost-wise with any imported fancy chocolate. Great talking point parties... heh.

Thanks again Markus for a prompt and smooth transaction.

Cass

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page