Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Dr. O Gives the Mayor a Show of What ...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Dr. O Gives the Mayor a Show of What He Know... « Previous Next »

ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1980

Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 3:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn it boy!
I knew you were big on damiana. And I figgered that was the 2ndfiary kick. It definitely was different from a regular wormwood flight.
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Dr. O (Dr_ordinaire)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Dr_ordinaire

Post Number: 465
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the kind words, Louchy!

What is somewhat surprising about this brew is that it has as much damiana as wormwood, and still qualifies as absinthe. Which shows, to me, what a 'big tent' absinthe is.

As far as the 2ndfaeries, anecdotal evidence shows a very good synergy between damiana and wormwood.

I can't elaborate more, don't want to piss the Goddess Kallisti, but if anybody has any question: dr_ordinaire@hotmail.com
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1957

Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I-VIII-VIII-VIII,

Thank you. I live to amuse those of the Forum. I exist only to serve w/shwerve.
Hi, what're ya havin'?
I like mustard (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3472

Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

People stopped sending me their
stuff cause everytime I'd put it
up against my Slerpis and well...

No contest baby, no contest.
The Red Pigeon (Icarus)
le Duc
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 368

Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Liver seems to have be come the official taster of HG. Not bad for a crotchety old man.
1888 (1888)
le Vicomte
Username: 1888

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh my god do we need a Liver translator or what?!

It's always a fun challange to read Louchie's posts!

Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1948

Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And as far as what I tasted at my NYC party a year ago? The smell and color are the same. The taste is way beyond that crap. Hell, it's drinkable. I'm guessing it was just a mistake in using the wrong artemisia for coloring, as has been said before many times.
As for this? I think the reach for gorgeous color may have knocked the taste down a bit. I still taste the CUT grass 40 minutes later.
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1947

Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mr. Postman left me a generous sample of O-Gasm's art. I was at the Homie Bar, drinking lunch, getting the lowdown on last night's knifing(!!!) when the vic walked in. Guess he thought I looked like 5-0 because he was reticent to elaborate on the fun.
Anyway. The shit looks fucking gorgeous. Never seen more beautiful absinthe. Smells great too. A lawn, a lemon, something bitter. When louched, it's get's thick quick, with a touch of yellow. Just a touch.
First taste impression is smooth, w/nip of citrus, a sweetness that is not from the sugary cuban, then an astringent bitterness that lingers. Too long in my book, but not offensive. Very much like CUT grass smells. Emphasis on the "cut" part. It's a smell that hits in the back of your throat, if you notice.
Goes down like a nuthin'. Very drinkable. At one point I nailed 1/3 glass at a whack. And it ain't no Dixie cup.
Could use more middle flavor "punch". I'm drinking a glass of Moonie's #19 for comparison. The flavor ramps up and down more organically w/the #19. Still, for an HG, good shit.
The 2ndfaries are hefty. Lookin' through wavy, 130 year old windows seemed quite apropos. I was't stimulated as much as prodded. Cool.
Hi, what're ya havin'?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page