Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 23, 2003

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » New french website » Archive through June 23, 2003 « Previous Next »

ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 2044

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

PMarc,
Fuck, how I wish that P stood for "punctuation"!
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 2043

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, Artie, we burned it down, pissed on the embers, and it arose, phoenix like, w/the scumbag who started it handin' over the keys to someone who gives a shit.
The Lounge is a very different vibe than here, and that's good. Plenty o' room for each and all, w/heavy traffic betwixt and between. Luc is sincere, and that's worth a ton. Bless him!
Now lemme plant one of those Gallic double cheekers on ya Luc.

(He'll have to Babblefish that, for sure. Wonder what it comes out as in French?)
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 824

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't see that Luc slagged the Louchelounge anywhere nearly as badly as some of its own did here some time back - in fact, I have been assuming the thing was dead and buried based upon that. I hadn't even checked it for many weeks - I did so only after reading Luc's reference to it, and was surprised to see it not only still there, but with some of the same people who had previously lit it up and then pissed on the fire, hanging about as though nothing had happened. I can only assume it's under new ownership, or the mortally offended at whatever happened over there took the cure, or something.

You are as entitled to your opinion as anybody, Luc. I for one didn't feel you owed anybody an explanation for your review.
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

George Beatley (Lediablevert)
Paysan
Username: Lediablevert

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

gentlemen, it's time to break out babelfish.
Luc (Luc)
Mousquetaire
Username: Luc

Post Number: 10

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I thank you Peter very much. He has obviously intrigued and interested a lot of people who didnt know anything about absinth (except than absinth leads to madness and blindness of course!). But when they did leave, a lot of them wanted to buy themselves a bottle. I
learned very much from Peter about different things. His samples were amazing (especially gentiane and XIX's-like absinth). I hope he'll stay in Paris for a long time (don't move to the south !).

About Louchelounge : I'm feeling much closer to Lafeeverte than to the Lounge. why ? because several months ago, when I was looking for accurate advices or infos on different forum archives, I found a lot of answers here. In the lounge, I found many hot teen pictures, angry discussions about opie, funny pics, methods to get high with absinth : that was funny but did'nt answer to my questions... First, I felt the Lounge was a sort of "hardcore" community, but after, I realized that some people were writing on both forums o_O :-) Finally, perhaps the Lounge is much closer than the bohemian spirit of belle époque than it appears ;p
Mr. Kallisti (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3538
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Connecting is the icing on the
cake for those whose interests
and passions bring them together.

Like the drunk tank now known as
the A-town hit squad.

Which I just now made up.
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 440

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i spent a very nice evening saturday night with luc and his friends at his apartment. he is a well-needed french enthusiast, who is serious about learning as much about absinthe as possible...though most of his friends weren't too interested in absinthe, there were several who are becoming so and i imagine he will become rather well known in paris for his interest, as, after 4 years here, i have met very few in this town (one french, one american)...at least those who were even slightly open about it, and didn't refer to 'absente' as absinthe. i was invited to his party without ever meeting him in person, and i think some of his guests were surprised that he did so. i thank him and béatrice for their hospitality, and look forward to seeing them in the future.
MC Peepants (Fluffy_g)
le Vicomte
Username: Fluffy_g

Post Number: 85

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well he couldn't have been refering to da Liver either, cause he's an old punk.
Hey Luc, sorry I can't speak french, but for what its worth your site looks good.
Marc Chevalier (Chevalier)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Chevalier

Post Number: 1263

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fluffy, Luc meant was referring to all the young punks EXCEPT you. Right, Luc?
MC Peepants (Fluffy_g)
le Vicomte
Username: Fluffy_g

Post Number: 84

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Many young (punk?) users who probably seek in absinthe a new kind of dope while taking a pass on its legend."

Heh heh. Do I get to be the young punk?
Also, if I really wanted to get high I wouldn't be dropping a half grand on hogsmack. I'd be spending it on drugs that would give me way more bang for the buck, like heroine.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1262

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You're all right, Luc. Icarus, Louchie and Master K were just pulling your leg a bit.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 3534
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

taking a pass on its legend

How about...
Taking a piss on its legend.
heeheehee

I've been relieving myself on the
Absinthe community for years now.

HEY YEAH!!! Where's my mention LUC???
I'm the most famous American Poster Boy
Head_prosthesis!!!
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 2039

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Many young users who probably seek in absinthe a new kind of dope."

And that "dope" would be ME!!!!!!!
Hi, what're ya havin'?
The Red Pigeon (Icarus)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 416

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

winnie the poo is a nickname for Winston @ ABG
Luc (Luc)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 9

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My english must be too bad to understand what is exactly your winnie the pooh's thing but I assume it's sarcastic.
I have obviously a (frenchie ??) romantic vision of absinth, and I think it works just fine with a regular meetings with the green faery. For me, drinking a lot or not must not make us forget all of history, myths and texts about absinth. If you are calling that alcooholism...

thanx Artemis for the translation :-)
The Red Pigeon (Icarus)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 415

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"users who probably seek in absinthe a new kind of dope while taking a pass on its legend."

-I beg to differ on that point. We practice the same alcohlism that effected artists and citizens in 1900.

Obviously Luc is a fan of Winnie the poo.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 2038

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"It has calmed, but not completely: undoubtedly the least interesting forum. The discussions are hardly interesting and deviate almost systematically from the rarely evoked important subjects."

Sounds like we've met our never formulated mission statement at the Lounge!! Hooray!!
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 821

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's what Luc's very attractive site has to say about some others we know:

This site

The site is worth a look thanks to its absinthe guide: they were almost all tasted by drinkers who gave their opinions. In particular: addresses of the on-line shops. Beaux Arts, history, books, etc, supplement this significant database on absinthe

This forum in particular

Structured around a very complete site of information, this forum is the most adult and the richest in experts (the most active users know almost all the absinthes).

The message board is open to the public, and by perusing the archives, one finds the answers to all of the questions. They converse in English, but one finds a handful of French there (among which, your humble servant). Certain on-line vendors take an active part in the discussions and the community life: while placing orders via the Net, one thus does not buy from strangers.

Absinthe Buyers Guide

As adult, but less well-attended than la Fée Verte, it is another small club of enthusiasts. The enthusisasts generally take part in both [both forums, this one and Kallisti's, I think he means, but that's news to me]. The forum is also built around a site of information.

Louchelounge

It has calmed, but not completely: undoubtedly the least interesting forum. The discussions are hardly interesting and deviate almost systematically from the rarely evoked important subjects. Many young (punk?) users who probably seek in absinthe a new kind of dope while taking a pass on its legend.
[passant a cote - taking a pass? - I'm not sure]

Vera's site:

This site indexes the visits and excursions of absinthe drinkers to distilleries, festivals and museums. A very pretty and informative travelogue and an original approach.
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1256

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Holy thujonshite! I did miss the whole thing.

Winston and wedding bells in one month! Well, the hell with him and the very best to you!

Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 3527
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You were gone during the whole Winston ABG
(I ripped off your design and tried to
siphon all your traffic to my site, where
I could sell my dangerous stove top
distillation method to the public for
X amount of dollars) thing weren't you?

We lovingly dubbed him Winnie.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1254

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What's a Winnie sandwich, Headgroom?
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 3526
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's like a Winnie sandwich
in the Forums page. yick!
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1253

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Luc, a beautiful website. Extremely well mapped-out, very wide-ranging, and easy to use. A fine introduction for anyone entering the world of absinthe. Thanks for making it. -- Marc
Alphasoixante (Alphasoixante)
le Duc
Username: Alphasoixante

Post Number: 125

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some "littérature féline" recommendations:

Natsume Soseki -- Je Suis un Chat
http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2070706346/qid=1056031135/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/171-3026824-2271427

William Burroughs -- The Cat Inside (may not be available in French)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0142000256/qid=1056030892/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-5792261-3112008?v=glance&s=books
Luc (Luc)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 4:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,
There's a new website about absinth, but only in french (sorry if you don't read it). I tried to gather all the aspects of our favorite green faery(vintage, spoon, poetry, paintings, books, history, etc) and I still have work to do :-)

http://www.heureverte.com

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page