Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 27, 2003

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » P68 & VErsinthe blanche review » Archive through June 27, 2003 « Previous Next »

Heady Head Head (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3585

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey there fella,
there's always Scientology.

GO LIVE !!!
dfasdfsdfsdff (Lediablevert)
Mousquetaire
Username: Lediablevert

Post Number: 39

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

what are you talking about head?
damn. i mean, this was just one of my failed
experiments of being accepted into a group
of lots of people. After failing when I was
in school, and failing at the job that came
after the school, and then in the secret
societies I tried to join like the
freemasons and the diner's club,
i decided that i would try my luck online.
well, that didn't work. so, now, just like
everywhere else where my personality conflicts with everyone elses, i am now telling you all to fuck off and leave me to my own lonely misery. yeah, fuck you. damn, when the hell am i going to be banned anyway?

the diners club as in the group here in dc. not the card.
FUCK
Heady Head Head (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3584

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Poor kid.

HEY? WHO'S THE FUCKER THAT LET
HIM INTO THE SAUCE ANYHOW???
GO LIVE !!!
Green Meanie (Greenmeanie)
le Duc
Username: Greenmeanie

Post Number: 318
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You STILL here, fuck boy?
Ober-Gruppen Fuhrer
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 38

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

Where's Don when we need him? I'll do my best in the meantime:

Beatley: Fuck off.

That was Oxygenee.
I believe that I was not the first one
to begin the telling others to "fuck off"
in one way or another.
All of you are idiots. I hate you.
Yeah, I'm stupid, but you are still
just as stupid if not more. I hate
myself and I hate you.
FUCK
Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 1066

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Y'know, this little nebbish is in DC, if anybody wants me to go ask him politely to watch his language.

I mean, I hate to see Greek abused...
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 33

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FUCK YOU ALL
FUCK
Marc Chevalier (Chevalier)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Chevalier

Post Number: 1289

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ouch.
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 2053

Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chevy,
Of course I meant someone else's-Yours.
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 834

Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

What I was trying to say in my post, as I told Peter, was simply that both blanc and bleue absinthes are practically akin to each other in the respect that they both have literally no coloring process involved at all.

What I'm telling you, and you can take it to the bank, is that clear absinthe, no matter what you call it, has ABSOLUTELY, not literally, but ABSOLUTELY and POSITIVELY no coloring process whatsoever. Further, blanche and La Bleue are just words used to denote clear absinthe - they have no other substantive meaning as it applies to absinthe, nor is there any legitimate distinction that can be assumed to exist between any two products based upon those labels being applied to them, AT ALL.
Therefore, your blanket statement was flawed, and false at its core. IF all you meant was that the bootleg absinthe coming out of Switzerland, commonly called La Bleue, is uncolored just as Emile La Blanche is uncolored, that you were correct, but then, who were you explaining that to? Anybody who knows shite all about absinthe knows that. Peter for damned sure knows it.

quote:

And I really doubt that any of us except for Mr. Pernot know the exact herbal differences between the Suisse La Bleue and the Emile L'Blanc absinthes.

I know what I told you I know.

quote:

The best we can do is guess by tasting."

That might be the best YOU can do, it's not the best I can do in this case.

quote:

My favorite absinthes are Emile 68, F.Guy, Kubler, and Libertine, all of which, except for Kubler, have seemingly low "thujone" quanities.

I think you can be certain of that, although "low" is a relative term.

quote:

I was just told by someone that healthier wormwood plants produce more "thujone" than others, that's all.

I don't know it that's true or not. What I meant was, it has no relevance to distilled absinthe. It's a red herring.
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

Marc Chevalier (Chevalier)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Chevalier

Post Number: 1280

Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yet another thread soiled by an incest reference. (Or did you mean someone else's mother?)
Mrs. Head (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1108

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

who you callin' "tawdry"!??!

*bats eyelashes*

“A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere.” - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 2050

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Man, you motherfuckers go on about tawdry shit alot.
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Mrs. Head (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1104

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I do!

Thanks Markus!
“A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere.” - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Absinthe-Distribution.com (Markus) (Mclion)
le Duc
Username: Mclion

Post Number: 153

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

George,
I know that this would be interesting for some of you, but it's maybe a bit like when Peter worked a week at the Pernot Distillery - they would not let him look which and what quantities of herbs the put in the still... Hope you understand that.
Markus
www.Absinthe-Distribution.com
George Beatley (Lediablevert)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 15

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Posted by Absinthe-Distribution.com (Markus) (Mclion):
> I'm working hard to convince customers to try
> some of the good sorts, because I guess the best
> ones will last longer. In the end of the day
> it's a question of taste, not a question of
> thujone.

Maybe you should add a part on the opening page that just explains that absinthe isn't much for a psychoacive, besides maybe the alcohol. Perhaps you should also tell your new customers about your personal favorites. Maybe that would work. What are your top sellers, anyhow? And of those who purchased the "high thujone absinthes", about which percentage of those customers became returned customers? I'm sure the answers to those two questions would interest us all.
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 14

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Posted by Quidam (Artemis):
> blunder under a dangling piano (thujone and what
> you DON'T know about Emile blanche) much like the
> guy in the cartoon.

What I was trying to say in my post, as I told Peter, was simply that both blanc and bleue absinthes are practically akin to each other in the respect that they both have literally no coloring process involved at all. And I really doubt that any of us except for Mr. Pernot know the exact herbal differences between the Suisse La Bleue and the Emile L'Blanc absinthes. The best we can do is guess by tasting. For instance, we know that in the #2 La Bleue at least there seems to be some fruity notes in the taste, which are of course absent from L'Blanc emile. I think that this confrontation could have been avoided all together if we had communicated better. And am I a thujone junkie? No, of course not. My favorite absinthes are Emile 68, F.Guy, Kubler, and Libertine, all of which, except for Kubler, have seemingly low "thujone" quanities. I was just told by someone that healthier wormwood plants produce more "thujone" than others, that's all. It certainly made sense to me, maybe less sense now than before. Anyhow, I think my point has been made.
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 831

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"If I am not mistaken, was not being an asshole one of the first golden rules listed in the FAQ? Oh smite me, almighty smiters."

It had to do with Peter and I synchronistically hovering one finger over the same key, half a world apart, and very little to do with you. It's a reference to an old "Far Side" cartoon that featured a keyboard with a "smite" button. Admittedly, the cartoon also featured God and a doofus, but this should not imply God-like powers on my part or Peter's, nor doofus-like ineptness on your part, even though you did blunder under a dangling piano (thujone and what you DON'T know about Emile blanche) much like the guy in the cartoon.

As for me being an asshole, check my number of posts. I haven't changed much since post one. Does that tell you anything?
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

le Duc

Post Number: 152

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

exactly!
Markus
Aion (Aion)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Aion

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I honestly believe that it is in your interest to push quality products, as the customers buying these brands will still buy them in 5 years, while the today´s T.-junkies might have lost interest.
le Duc

Post Number: 151

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Aion,
I'm working hard to convince customers to try some of the good sorts, because I guess the best ones will last longer. In the end of the day it's a question of taste, not a question of thujone.

Top seller:
1. crap
2. more crap
3. even more crap
5-8 some good sorts...

Markus
Aion (Aion)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Aion

Post Number: 160
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>Regarding the german market, it is a matter of fact, that folks are looking for high thujone content Absinthes

It just takes one look at ebay.de to be convinced without any shadow of doubt of that painful truth.

>but as a vendor I'm forced to offer products, which are requested

Would be interesting to know, what you top-3 sellers for the German vs. international market are?

Markus, don´t sell your soul to a (commercial) devil called T.

A.
le Duc

Post Number: 150

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Peter, sure you're completely right with what you mentioned. Un Emile is definitly one of the very best commercial sorts available.

Regarding the german market, it is a matter of fact, that folks are looking for high thujone content Absinthes. Thujone has nothing to do with quality, that's for sure, but once this thujone thing is in peoples minds, it is hard to convince them not to go for it, but a product with a very low level.

To me this is kind of sad and I try to work against this, but as a vendor I'm forced to offer products, which are requested - no matter if I like them or not. I highly respect LDF for just selling highest quality, but I know the marked consists of different demands which I try to cover.
Markus
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 443

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i was not 'smiting' anyone (artemis is a much better smiter than i am), just responding to your assumptions with things i know as fact from personal experience. and since it seems you like the un émile, i would be the last person to be upset by your interest.

>I believe I answered that question percisely. Un Emile blanc is an uncolored emile.

how do you know for sure? of course un émile blanche is based on the original un émile recipe. i spent a week at the pernot's distillery but mr. pernot wouldn't let me get near the still when he was putting herbs in it (and this was when he was making the vieux pontarlier anise).

>Notice how the word fundamental was used

ah, yes, now i see...one could say that,
but one must remember, as artemis stated, that there are many different recipes for 'la bleues' or 'absinthe blanches' (which are really generic terms of style unless refering to a brand product, of which i know only three and one is a pastis.) and versinthe la blanche is different in style and manufacture than traditionally made blanches like the un émile. la bleues are also not usually based on old recipes but changing and evolving new ones as was explained to me by a historian i respect in the val-de-travers.

but you really threw me off with the thujone/plant quality theory...the versinthe la blanche was created specifically to appeal to those who wanted high(er) thujone, and as such was manufactured to have higher thujone in it.
(30 mg/L)
the un émile absinthe blanche was created to have a high-quality commercially distilled blanche without regard to how much thujone was in it, which is not an issue.
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 9

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Posted by Artemis:

> Sorry, Peter, didn't mean to step on you - didn't > know you were hitting the SEND button just as I
> was. Or was it the SMITE button?

If I am not mistaken, was not being an asshole one of the first golden rules listed in the FAQ? Oh smite me, almighty smiters.

> What the questioner meant was, is Emile Blanche
> merely Une Emile left uncolored, OR is it a
> different recipe altogether, i.e., NOT Une Emile
> left uncolored, but a different absinthe, with
> different herbs in it.

I believe I answered that question percisely. Un Emile blanc is an uncolored emile.

Posted by Pierre Verte:

>> I also believe that there really is no
>> fundamental difference between the production
>> of L'Bleue and L'Blanche absinthe, minus the
>> chlorophyllation step.

> there is no 'chlorophyllation'(coloration) step
> in either of these, so i'm not sure what you are
> talking about.

Notice how the word fundamental was used. By this I meant in terms of the herbs used.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page