Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

TL spoons - 2 different versions?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » TL spoons - 2 different versions? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 21, 2003Georgie Boy (Mighty 25 7-21-03  7:40 pm
Archive through July 16, 2003Mrs. Head (Admin)25 7-16-03  1:55 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

The Levitating Grin Salesman (Rimbaud)
le Duc
Username: Rimbaud

Post Number: 227

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Aww...don't be so hard on yerself!
"Please pardon our appearance while we are levitating..."
Georgie Boy (Mighty Fine Young Man) (Lediablevert)
le Duc
Username: Lediablevert

Post Number: 192

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'M A RETARD
>-I AM TROLLING FOR WALLEYE*> >--walleye-/*>
>----walleye--/*>
The Levitating Grin Salesman (Rimbaud)
le Duc

Post Number: 221

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>"When people speak of splits in the Pernod family ties, don't they mean how Pernod split into those two companies?"

No, Georgie boy, no!!!
"Please pardon our appearance while we are levitating..."
le Duc

Post Number: 174

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Petermarc, perhaps it wasn't released into the open liquor market yet, and it is just a test run bottle of absinthe from the distillery? Maybe the marketing plans fell through?
>----walleye--/*>
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 470

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

this bottle is so stupidly rare that it is not even acknowledged by the people who made it...it is a re-filled pernod fils bottle, with a crooked seal which, by it's cude manufacture, seems to date from the 1870's...there is no open history of the corsican distillery l.n. mattei making absinthe at all...however, recent discovery of this bottle and and a 'blanche' label prove that they did...my bottle has been re-corked and waxed, but i have every confidence that the contents are real as the seller wanted to open it with me and drink it (as he did with the vintage berger) i hope to do this in the future...
le Duc

Post Number: 163

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wonder who has the Pernod Fils Pontarlier recipe, whether it is Pernod Ricard or Pernod.
But I'm not too well versed on the modern history of the company. After reading about the aftermath of the ban, I really didn't care to read any further than that. When people speak of splits in the Pernod family ties, don't they mean how Pernod split into those two companies?
>----walleye--/*>
21st Century Rimbaud (Rimbaud)
le Duc

Post Number: 210

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

mmmmmm......spicy!
simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte
Username: Simon

Post Number: 63

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Although very different in taste i'm sure....I found the taste of Argenti absenta to have a 'spicy'and very perfumed taste, balanced within a green anise foretone. I'm wondering if these tastes are similar? I really must try and get hold of a sample of Berger soon.
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 848

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The vintage Berger is very distinctive with the "baby powder" (Peter's phrase) thing - I used to think this was an ingredient, but now recognize it as an aspect of aging fairly simple, but QUALITY herbal ingredients. Ted's recreation was very similar to the old stuff, and would probably taste almost identical if it had the same amount of aging. Cardamom? Maybe - it has that soft, spicy character for sure. If memory serves me correctly, Peter and I tasted them side by side (actually, he was across the table, but the absinthes were side by side), but we didn't have our science hats on; just sort of knocked it down.
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte

Post Number: 62

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I look forward to it Peter!! :-)....The absinthe from Corsica sounds very interesting indeed.......Any chance of a photo?
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 461

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

there is a much more 'spicy' taste than pernod fils (the only other vintage i have tasted) which i attribute to cardamom, which seems to be a 'southern' recipe, even though it was first launched in couvet, switzerland. i am sure my bottle was distilled in marseille, probably around 1910.
ted's clone of the berger was uncanny, considering his experience came from a mignonette.
i have a mignonette of j.p. pernot and a full liter of l.n. mattei (from corsica)65 but have not tasted them yet...
i will post another review of the vintage berger tonight, if i am out of my mind enough to pour a glass...
simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte

Post Number: 61

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ha ha!! I see what you mean Peter :-) It's been too long since i tasted the stuff.
I've yet to try Berger. Nearly had my hands on a bottle about a year ago from a woman in Lyon, but it fell through! I love the shots of your bottle on emerald quest!! Just out of curiosity, can you relate the taste to other vintage brands?
Cheers.
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 460

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 5:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>From my memory it was similar to Gempp but not as 'Fresh'.

uh, could you be less specific? ;-)
simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte

Post Number: 60

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 4:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I used to have a mignonnete of vintage oxygenee, which i drank. From my memory it was similar to Gempp but not as 'Fresh'. In short, modern oxygenee bottle is a far cry from the original in all ways possible. The only slight similarity is the label!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page