Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Smoking Wormwood!!

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Smoking Wormwood!! « Previous Next »

Brett Tyre (Brett)
le Duc
Username: Brett

Post Number: 153

Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"when I say cannabis like, I actually mean it is very similar"

Interesting, I never knew that "cannabis like" would mean very similar, I always thought it meant somewhat similar, or even not at all similar.
Bob (I_b_puffin)
le Duc
Username: I_b_puffin

Post Number: 177
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's even worse than lighting it on fire. I guess if your willing to drink Czech absinthe, smoking it couldn't be any worse.
Georgie Boy (Mighty Fine Young Man) (Lediablevert)
le Duc
Username: Lediablevert

Post Number: 170

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This has to be the most funniest thing I have ever read about absinthe.
It's from this site called "Erowid".
THUJONE!!!
CANNIBINOID RECEPTORS!!!
OH YEAH!

quote:

DOSE : Smoked Wormwood (extract)
BODY WEIGHT : 255 lb

Making the extract was very easy. I simply took 100 gr of dried, finely chopped wormwood and let it soak in ethanol (180 proof everclear) for 3 days, shaking it now and again for a few minutes. After 3 days, I filtered out the plant material through coffee filters, and collected the liquid in a saucepan. I then used a double boiler to evaporate the ethenol and was left with a dark green gloppy pile, which I let dry overnight.

Thus far I have only smoked it. It burns much like opium tar, or resin. Smoking it alone yields a cannabis like high, and when I say cannabis like, I actually mean it is very similar. Smoking it with cannabis yielded a high at least 3x as potent as smoking the cannabis alone for me. Thujone is said to have much similarty to THC and acts upon the same receptor sites in the brain I believe, so that all makes sense.

The overall character of the high was indeed different than of smoking cannabis alone. The thujone extract alone felt somewhat less lethargic than a cannabis high, and also more lucid minded. The same lifting of emotional weights was noticed as with cannabis, and even better was the lack of anxiety that cannabis seems to produce as an underlying effect in me. I also noticed an increased sense of pleasure attatched to listening to music as sounds seemed to leap out of the background and connect with me better. It could be that I was looking for this type of effect however, as I tend to look for increased appreciation of music in general of all my drug experiences.

I did not notice any toxic or negative side effects from the few times I have tried smoking the wormwood extract. Thujone is thought to be toxic on some level, often cited as the chemical compenent of absinthe that induced madness in its users. I felt nothing that would overwhelm my senses as far as hallucinations and such. At its most intense, the extract felt just like smoking good clear minded cannabis. The taste of smoking the extract was less than pleasant however, even when smoked through an ice bong. This is easily remedied with a glass of juice, swished around as a chaser of sorts.

As a final note, I'd like to mention that I smoked the extract while peaking on DXM recently and the two synergized quite interestingly. Much like how cannabis and dxm go together, but different somehow. I will need to experiment further on that combo in order to better describe it though. Until then...
Exp Year: 2002 ID: 19944
Added: Dec 26, 2002 Views: 5561

>-I AM TROLLING FOR WALLEYE*> >--walleye-/*>
>----walleye--/*>
Georgie Boy (Mighty Fine Young Man) (Lediablevert)
le Duc
Username: Lediablevert

Post Number: 169

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>-I AM TROLLING FOR WALLEYE*> >--walleye-/*>
>----walleye--/*>

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page