Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Question for Simon...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Question for Simon... « Previous Next »

simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte
Username: Simon

Post Number: 65

Posted on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would have to agree with Vortex about this. There certainly is an 'effect', and i would say that it is one we have all expereinced slightly from commercials, la bleues etc. Although you might detect a slightly more powerful touch from one to the next, it all comes down to the same thing. - Mild tingling, contentment and a weird kind of clarity. But as usual, this is just my oppinion. But i would say that the experience from quality brands and vintage absinthe has a more pure feeling, or at least next day you feel better than if it was a cheap oil mix.
vortex (Vortex)
Mousquetaire
Username: Vortex

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have had several glasses of vintage pre-ban and Tarragona in one sitting when I got my first bottles of each (although not both kinds in the same day). I can't say I noticed any different "effects" than any other quality absinthe. These days I'll only have a shot every now and then almost like a dessert so I can savor the flavour. I usually go with one of my cheaper bottles just to get drunk.
The Levitating Grin Salesman (Rimbaud)
le Duc
Username: Rimbaud

Post Number: 256

Posted on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was reading an old thread (about the differnces between pre-ban Pernod Fils & Tarragona, or lack thereof) in which you stated you have had the chance to drink several bottles of pre-ban Pernod Fils. My question is this: on those occasions when you had a few glasses in succession (say, 2 or 3), how would you describe the "effects" you felt? Would you say it was similar to any modern commercial brands you've tried? If so, which brands? If not, how was it different? More refined? More/less pronounced? I ask this question because most often when those in your position speak of their experiences, it's usually about taste, aroma, color, louche, etc. While these qualities are all of paramount importance, what usually gets left out is discussion of it's "effects". Surely it is one of the reasons people are interested in absinthe in the first place, although this may take a back seat to taste, etc. as one becomes more familiar with the drink. I appreciate any thoughts or comments you (or anyone else who has had similar experiences) may wish to share...
"Please pardon our appearance while we are levitating..."

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page