Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Feed the Ipod

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » Feed the Ipod « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 18, 2003Raindog (Mephistophe25 8-18-03  5:52 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Robert Novak (Justabob)
Mousquetaire
Username: Justabob

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes Artemis I use the ol cassette adapter thing. Would also recommend using a high bit rate when ripping from cd audio. I am a audio-music nut and can tell the difference between mp3s and standard 44k 16 bit wave files. In fact I have a complete recording studio were I record all audio in 32 bit masters.

My system is pc based, although I also have a g4 MAC that is a graphic design work station. If you are running a MAC op sys 10x I would think the Ipod my be a better selection.

On a darker note I am mourning the death of Warren Zevon while I play Mohammed's radio on the guitar.
Crochety Old Bastard (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 920
Posted on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've looked at more brands than I listed, including Rio Riot. How do you use it in the car? With a cassette-type adapter, or?
"He is an unapologetic, crochety old bastard who will peddle any fibs that will make him a buck, or put him on a pedestal."
Robert Novak (Justabob)
Mousquetaire
Username: Justabob

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well can not comment on the brands you have listed, but I love my Rio riot with 20 gig drive. But alas it is probably old technology by now.

I use it in the car for the most part, you can get a hell of a lot of music on it compared to a six cd changer.
Crochety Old Bastard (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 919
Posted on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Strom, how's the care and feeding of that IPOD coming along?

How do you like it? Is it a Windows or Mac version?

Does anybody have a Jukebox style player (i.e., with a hard drive) they'd recommend or avoid? I'm thinking of Ipod, iRiver iHP-100, Samsung YEPP YP-900, the Archos players ...

How about music services? Recommend? Avoid? What service, if any, has a thorough selection of 80s Punk-New wave stuff such as Berlin, Shriekback, Sisters of Mercy, Talking Heads, Devo, etc. ?
"He is an unapologetic, crochety old bastard who will peddle any fibs that will make him a buck, or put him on a pedestal."
Donnie Darko (Besanšon)
Mousquetaire
Username: Besanšon

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hell, don't listen to us, just go to the apple store through iTunes and get whatever you hear that you like (I'm assuming you're on a Mac?). Damn you Apple! Stop inventing all this cool technology so I can stop spending money!!!
--------------------------------------------------
Gretchen--"Donnie Darko, sounds like some kind of superhero or something"
Donnie--"What makes you think I'm not?"
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 656
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Truly, this is the musical event of the century: Johnny Cash and Joe Strummer dueting on a Bob Marley song with some guy from Rage Against The Machine on guitar.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1956432
The Levitating Grin Salesman (Rimbaud)
le Duc
Username: Rimbaud

Post Number: 278

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some other favorites of mine, not necessarily new, but really fucking good...

"Walking With Thee" by Clinic
"A Storm In Heaven" by Verve
"Loveless" by My Bloody Valentine
"The Stone Roses" by The Stone Roses
"Please pardon our appearance while we are levitating..."
Raindog (Mephistopheles)
Mousquetaire
Username: Mephistopheles

Post Number: 13

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry that link is bad, try this instead http://www.unbelievabletruth.co.uk/.
"I'm standing on the corner of fifth and vermouth... using parking meters as walking sticks" Tom Waits

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page