Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Le Fee Absinthe... did I miss something?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Le Fee Absinthe... did I miss something? « Previous Next »

The Red Pigeon (Icarus)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 573

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kubler is widely available in Switzerland.
Escapee from the drunk tank
Binky (Binky)
Mousquetaire
Username: Binky

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

> They have La Fee, la Fee 68 and now La Fee Verte Absinthe.
> anyone know what the diff is with this "verte" brand? or should I just email 'em? heh...

You've worked it all out but yeah, La Fée Absinthe is La Fée Absinthe 68% abv. It just wasn't too clear.

La Fée Verte Absinthe is just La Fée at 45% abv. In fact, 'verte' is being re-branded at the moment to simply become La Fée Absinthe 45% abv, just to remove all this confusion.

pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 484

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

in general, absente, and the stupid medicine-bottle 'bitter' d'absente that almost every wineshop now carries, but no one can explain why, pernod-ricard 68°, oxygénée and versinthe...after that maybe l'amesinthe...
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 657
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So, what brands of "Absinthe" (in the broadest sense) can one expect to find on store shelves in France? ... in Switzerland?

simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte
Username: Simon

Post Number: 70

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok i think i finally get the gist of this now, thanks Peter :-)
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 483

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 7:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

as long as it was NOT labeled 'pastis' or 'anis', but 'SAPA' (as long as it had some sort of absinthe in it)...
Moonman's friend (Wolfgang)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Wolfgang

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Too bad ''Moonsinthe'' doesn`t sound french enough ;-).
simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte

Post Number: 69

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So someone could produce a pastis in France call it 'ambersinthe' give it 70% and thus it would be legal due to the labeling?
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 482

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

anise/pastis=45° max
absinthe (i.e. SAPAs-spiriteux aux plantes d'absinthe)= NOT pastis/anise (i know, why not?), therefore=any degree alcohol, sugar or not.
ABSINTHE by itself (or larger than SAPA designation) on label = not legal for sale in france, BUT can be exported
names that sound and look like 'absinthe' but not spelled the same = ok in france
summary: absinthe in name is not legal in france, absinthe the spirit, as we know it, is...
Donnie Darko (Besançon)
Mousquetaire
Username: Besançon

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I bought a bottle of Lemercier 72% in France, so yes it's legal to have a higher alc content than 45%. The label says "Spiritueux a base de plantes d'absinthe". It also says "Abisinthe" on the label, not "Absinthe". Them there Frenchies in Freedom, er I mean France, got some goofy laws...
--------------------------------------------------
Gretchen--"Donnie Darko, sounds like some kind of superhero or something"
Donnie--"What makes you think I'm not?"
Bob (I_b_puffin)
le Duc
Username: I_b_puffin

Post Number: 194
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

So ANY alcohol bearing 68% is legal in France? For some reason i though a maximum of 45% was allocated to pastis/absinthe related drinks etc. in France.

I think that if it has over 45% alcohol it has to have sugar in it. And of course the labeling has to be legally correct.
simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte

Post Number: 68

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I won't even try to get my head around the legality issue.....I get more confused each time.
So ANY alcohol bearing 68% is legal in France? For some reason i though a maximum of 45% was allocated to pastis/absinthe related drinks etc. in France. Peter please aliviate my confusion, i would love to know the true actuality properly. :-) Cheers,
Simon
Luc (Luc)
Mousquetaire
Username: Luc

Post Number: 14

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry for the private message : )

Peter, if you have some place in your luggage, it would be wonderful if a bottle of La Fée 68% could sneak in it. If not, a sample will be appreciated ; thank you very much !
I already bought a La Fée 45% at the museum.
See you in Paris !

pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 481

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>OK so it's illegal to sell in France due to being 68%

no! it is illegal in france because of the labeling, though i'm sure when it was first made, it was assumed it was illegal because of the % of alcohol, as thought by most everyone else (including government officials)...luc, i'll bring you a sample of la fée 68° when i get back to paris, if you want to try it...
i heard marie-claude delahaye is selling the 45° la fée at the museum...
simon pedersen (Simon)
le Vicomte

Post Number: 67

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It truely defeats me why companies like eabsinthe won't send absinthe to France. OK so it's illegal to sell in France due to being 68%, but if it's sold as a gift or is destined to be for personal consumption it really should be allowed.
Luc (Luc)
Mousquetaire
Username: Luc

Post Number: 13

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 3:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I live in France and Eabsinthe.com didn't want to honor my command of La Fée 68. They've just refunded my bank account and told me that this absinthe is not allowed in France.
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 231

Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

doh. ;D
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 230

Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

looks like the la fee and la fee 68 are the same, just listed diff cuz one is a bottle with spoon deal, and the la fee verte is just the 45% version which mentions something about a french label for french orders... so maybe it's diff to be able to sell there?
Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 1174

Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Verte is 45% and conforms to the EU regs on thujone. It is also labelled for Frech sale, which means it probably says "extraits du..." whatever.

The regular La Fee is the same as the La Fee 68, tho I can see how that is confusing on the page.
Mrs. Head (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1253

Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

They have La Fee, la Fee 68 and now La Fee Verte Absinthe.

anyone know what the diff is with this "verte" brand? or should I just email 'em? heh...

http://www.eabsinthe.com/acatalog/lafeeverte.htm
“A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere.” - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page