Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Moving Day for the Royal Family...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » The Monkey Hole » Moving Day for the Royal Family... « Previous Next »

Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 1194

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had to do that TWICE. They were renovating the apartments, and had to do them in blocks of 4, so they made me move to the building next door (supposedly for a month, but it took nearly 4), and then move BACK to my originial place. The most annoying bit was that, while the new apartment was just on the other side of a wall from the old one, I had to walk down a flight of stairs, out to the sidewalk, back inside, and then up another flight to get to it. In the snow. And, since it was only supposed to be temporary, I was living out of boxes for 4 months.
Mrs. Head (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1277

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I got ya even better. Once we moved from one apartment, across the back porch into the apartment behind us. A move of all of six feet.

It takes longer, but you unpack as you go. And no trucks etc involved. I'm sorry I missed your guys's call too. I like being passed around the room full of a buncha drunks.

A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Marc Chevalier (Chevalier)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Chevalier

Post Number: 1427

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Last year, I moved from the 12th floor of my apartment building (with its two elevators) to the 4th floor of the same building.

Believe it or not, it wasn't so hard.

Jay & The Imp (Thegreenimp)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Thegreenimp

Post Number: 370

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Only 95 degrees?,.......Thats what I just went through everyday from July to Saturday, when I finished my move (no absinthe or antiques were harmed in the move)......I will never do it myself ever again, next time professional movers.

Good Luck To You Both
Jay
I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, and I'm happy to state I've finally won out over it........Elwood. P. Dowd
The Levitating Grin Salesman (Rimbaud)
le Duc
Username: Rimbaud

Post Number: 287

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was really looking forward to speaking with you two: the original absinthe forum mistress herself, and her new hubby, the enigmatic Mr.HP!!! Oh well, one of these days. I had similar weather when I moved into my 4th floor walk-up apartment in July of 2002. It was, to say the least, a bitch and a half. Good luck!!!!

"Please pardon our appearance while we are levitating..."
Mrs. Head (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1276

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thankee Sir!

Nuttin' broke yet. And we just have a closet or two to empty. I came to work for the internet access and with the thought in mind that it would be real nice to type all day instead of hauling baskets of dishes back and forth in 95 degree weather.

NINETY-FIVE DEGREES!!?!?!

Why is always moving day, huh? It's only 95 for 3 days in the whole year here.

Sorry if ya'll tried to call, thanks to SBC global domination, we still don't have a phone. Bah!

A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 2130

Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 3:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hope nuthin' breaks.
Hope the weather cooperates.
Hope ya don't trip on the curb.

The mob'll phone in our support from Louche Fest 2003.
Hi, what're ya havin'?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page