Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

RAW POWER!

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » RAW POWER! « Previous Next »

Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 239

Posted on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

my cousin wanted us to record the mtv music awards for her, so i watched it while recording. iggy came on as a presenter all shits and giggles with a couple dudes from outkast, and he said there'll be a new iggy and the stooges album coming out... can't remember the date, but i think it was this month or next, and they will indeed be going back out on tour.
Uncle (Uncle)
le Duc
Username: Uncle

Post Number: 109

Posted on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Didn't know it at the time ,but Mike Watt is playing bass for the stooges. I got a copy of the show and it sounds great! I saw the sex pistols on thursday and they blew like a crack whore. just workin baby !just workin!
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 665
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 7:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I saw Iggy on his last tour, in 2001. The most pure, honest, unrestrained energy I've ever seen on stage. He's 56, so he's like 3 teenagers at once. I'd give my left nut to see The Stooges.
Pervert Euchre (Perruche_verte)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Perruche_verte

Post Number: 507

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I looked for more Stooges dates but the only one listed was for August 27th in New York. I wish they'd come out and play for the people.

Iggy really looks devilish with those scruffy little whiskers -- also very well-preserved in some strange Burroughsian fashion.
"Drink accomplished what God did not." --Marguerite Duras
The Zealot (Nascentvirion)
le Duc
Username: Nascentvirion

Post Number: 289

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Calling from the FUN HOUSE with my song... We've been seperated baby Far too long.......
The Levitating Grin Salesman (Rimbaud)
le Duc
Username: Rimbaud

Post Number: 304

Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 6:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jesus loves The Stooges! (and so do I)
"Please pardon our appearance while we are levitating..."
Uncle (Uncle)
le Duc
Username: Uncle

Post Number: 108

Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think I seen the best show of my life last night, Iggy& the stooges w/ sonic youth ,von blondies. I my self had just moved and had the last load of junk in the car, when I was passing the Knob! I pulled in on a gutt reaction and it payed off in spades! I miss the Von Blondies, But Sonic Youth were great. Worth the price of the ticket by them self. It was a really hot and muggy night.88%hum. They started at dusk and had a really cool vibe to their set. 9pm it was pitch black and sold out , It was like being in the world largest club. The stooges came screaming out of the darkness, spewing anger and punk rock venom for the next two hours. I've seen Iggy before... But uh, not like this ! They had half the crowd on the stage dance during" NO FUN" and Iggy surfed from the stage to the top of the hill during "I feel Alright". It was Cool.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page