Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe virgin has drug test question

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe virgin has drug test question « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 17, 2003Jack Collins (_black25 9-17-03  9:51 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 504

Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>So will Emile be available in French shops anytime soon?

the 45° is sold in france, but is almost impossible to find, just like françois guy, et al...the 68° is not.
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 696
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>This is, of course, a gevernment that is trying to expunge the word "e-mail" from official documents because it doesn't sound French enough.
>

Aha! "E-mail" doesn't sound French enough, and the best brand of French Absinthe is pronounced nearly so. Coincidence? I think not.
Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 1216

Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

what is funny is the french stance on the word 'ABSINTHE' on the label.

This is, of course, a gevernment that is trying to expunge the word "e-mail" from official documents because it doesn't sound French enough.

(Yes, yes, I know, our government doesn't make any more sense, and tends to use guns in the process..)
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 694
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So will Emile be available in French shops anytime soon?
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 503

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

stop it, i'm getting home-sick!
vincent vega (Lord_stanley)
Paysan
Username: Lord_stanley

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

> no, that's france and the EU

I realize that the 10 mg/kg thing is a Euro regulation. American government isn't concerned about it because our tax money goes towards keeping absinthe out of the country all together. And building football stadiums for team-owning billionaires, keeping hookers out of Times Square, flying Presidents to aircraft carriers for press conferences, overthrowing evil dictators......stuff like that.

pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 502

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>Kind of funny that the "powers that be" would bother to regulate thujone levels to 10 mg/kg when the actual level is difficult to measure accurately, does not likely have any mind-altering effects, does not influence the flavor and may not even be in the final product at all.
That's our tax money at work folks.

no, that's france and the EU, at least it's legal here, sort of...what is funny is the french stance on the word 'ABSINTHE' on the label. that is illegal, since technically 'ABSINTHE' is still banned in france. mme. pernot just told me that they have to change their labels from 'ABSINTHE DISTILLEE' to 'ABSINTHES DISTILLEES' in the blue banners above "UN EMILE" because, even though the label was originally approved, the french feds have decided that it doesn't pass code since it might make 'un émile' be perceived as real "ABSINTHE" in the eyes of the consumer, which, to the government, it is not, because they know absinthe could never be the same as before.(insert evil laugh here) it is now 'spiriteux aux plantes d'absinthe' or 'absinthes distillees' (meaning a spirit made with distilled absinthe plants (!) but is not ABSINTHE) or, as françois guy now puts it on his labels 'absinthe cultivé à pontarlier' (or something like that) meaning that it is not ABSINTHE but a spirit made from absinthe plants grown in pontarlier! whewwww!
i assure you there is no one in france who really knows what is going on, so everyone else has the right to be confused even more....
Chris Hopper (Cthopper)
Paysan
Username: Cthopper

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is my first post here, but I have been lurking for a while. I just wanted to say that yes, LDF is that fast. I recieved a shipment of two bottles in two days. It took me a week to just get a book from Arizona. I will always get my Absinthe from them. I tried La Fee first and it was okay, but Un Emile is wonderful. I am especially fond of La Blanche. I too, appreciate the knowledge this forum has given me.
cthopper
vincent vega (Lord_stanley)
Paysan
Username: Lord_stanley

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kind of funny that the "powers that be" would bother to regulate thujone levels to 10 mg/kg when the actual level is difficult to measure accurately, does not likely have any mind-altering effects, does not influence the flavor and may not even be in the final product at all.

That's our tax money at work folks. Anyways, enough of the T-word.

Thanks for the input. I'm looking at trying out the LdF absinthes with my next purchase. They're selling a 3-pack of the Regular, Sapin and La Blanche for 160 bucks. Does the package really end up on my doorstep in the US within a week? That's pretty damn quick.
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 501

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i have already mentioned this before, but it seems appropriate, émile pernot put more absinthe(grande, artemisia absinthium) into his pre-distillate maceration, and after distillation ended up with less thujone than previously tested...go figure...
Bob (I_b_puffin)
le Duc
Username: I_b_puffin

Post Number: 227
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thujone levels don't tell you how much wormwood was used in production, since different production methods would have different levels of extraction of thujone from wormwood, and some producers use oils.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page