Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Shipping Time

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Shipping Time « Previous Next »

Absinthe-Distribution.com (Markus) (Mclion)
le Duc
Username: Mclion

Post Number: 202

Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Please contact me via e-mail - wrong place here... Thanks
Markus
www.Absinthe-Distribution.com
Tobi Whaley (Touchmoney)
Mousquetaire
Username: Touchmoney

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus how long is your average shipping time to Boston, MA USA?
Absinthe-Distribution.com (Markus) (Mclion)
le Duc
Username: Mclion

Post Number: 199

Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the compliments :-))
Markus
www.Absinthe-Distribution.com
Michael (Turangalila)
Mousquetaire
Username: Turangalila

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wouldn't personally describe Versinthe Blanche as candy-like (although we may be discussing different candy). To me it tastes very strongly of mint, fennel, dill, anise etc - like the hill behind my house in San Diego, where fennel plants grow wild; I used to pick leaves to eat while I was climbing the mountain as a kid. Honestly I like VB; it's monochromatic but pleasant to drink, and it has a nice feel inside me. (All of the oil mixes I've tried leave me feeling headachy/grumpy.)

That said, I'm sure it's not traditional or even terribly absinthe-like. But it's not horrible as a drink.
balzdeep (Swarez)
le Vicomte
Username: Swarez

Post Number: 52

Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would definitely describe V. Blanche as tasting like candy (although it's a bottle I will always try to keep around -- great for 1st timers!) and would agree with Fluffy B that Oxygenee tastes candy-like, a bit of sweetness, anise, and ????? Obviously no star anise, so hate to call it a pastis (I know, flame me on that, but name a popular pastis without it). Pleasant to drink, but not one that I will call upon very often. A good 1st absinthe as well!

Candy will always taste good to a beginner, and I will always try to keep the candy around for that reason only. A candy-corn absinthe for the upcoming Halloween though, now that would be interesting! A challenge to all absentheurs out there! Candy Cornsinthe!
Hell, at least I can lick myself...
Bob (I_b_puffin)
le Duc
Username: I_b_puffin

Post Number: 230
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Francois Guy is one of the best ones around. I like it, and wouldn't describe it as bizarre. The absinthe that I thought tasted most like candy was Oxygenee; it was like anise flavored cotton candy.
Crochety Old Bastard (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 939
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Achillee = Achillea millefolium = Common yarrow.

Sometimes used as a substitute for wormwood of the glaciers.

Bizarre = bizarre. Doesn't taste like absinthe. A lot of weird candy-like flavors in it. Coined by some French guy at a party attended by Pierre Verte:

"Smells bee-zarr, tastes bee-zarr". He was talking about a bootleg absinthe called Haut-Doubs #9. Versinthe has a similar taste.
"He is an unapologetic, crochety old bastard who will peddle any fibs that will make him a buck, or put him on a pedestal."
Tobi Whaley (Touchmoney)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"you'll be pleased with Francois Guy probably; I enjoyed it although it's mildly bizarre. "

can you explain what you mean by this?
Michael (Turangalila)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, assuming versinthe blanche is just distilled versinthe and they didn't modify the recipie, it contains among other things grand absinthe, genepi, terragon, gentaine, anis, fennel, dill, coriander, basil, rosemary, "l'achillee" (can't find a translation), angelica, peppermint and verveine.

(All according to M.C.D.'s Petit Traité de l'Absinthe, 114, which states that these are among more than twenty herbs used.)

Random factoid of the day, then.
Michael (Turangalila)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 2:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

you'll be pleased with Francois Guy probably; I enjoyed it although it's mildly bizarre.

Versinthe Blanche is extremely minty. (It has both peppermint and verveine, and they're very prominent in the flavor). All you can really taste is anise and mint. I like it, but I'm mildly perverse and I think most people don't. It's sort of monochromatic and overwhelming, but I find it refreshing.

It *is*, however, distilled and all...
Tobi Whaley (Touchmoney)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Markus *is* a good german! "

more power to us germans! :D
im looking at his site right now looking for my next order. im thinking about trying a bottle of the versinthe la blanche and a bottle of f. guy. i am hoping to be preased with these.
Mrs. Head (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1312

Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus *is* a good german!

“A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere.” - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Tobi Whaley (Touchmoney)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

maybe i should just stick to the emile site or try out markus seeing as hes a good german as myself (at least i assume he is since his site is a .de site)
Mrs. Head (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1311

Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

anything from overseas is gonna take longer than domestic postal... except from LDF, who use special courier service that gets it to your door in under a week.

“A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere.” - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
The Levitating Grin Salesman (Rimbaud)
le Duc
Username: Rimbaud

Post Number: 360

Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I hear it's been taking a lot longer than that as of late, although I don't know for sure because I haven't ordered from them in almost 2 years.
"Please pardon our appearance while we are levitating..."
Tobi Whaley (Touchmoney)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love the product selection and the prices at fine spirits corner, but is anyone else upset by the shipping time? I ordered my fountain and bottle of serpis well over two weeks ago and it still hasnt arrived.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page