Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Lautréamont Quote of the Week

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » Lautréamont Quote of the Week « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 31, 2002Chevalier25 12-31-02  8:03 am
Archive through January 29, 2003Pataphysician25 1-29-03  4:55 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Mousquetaire
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 462
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's been a pleasure cretinizing you.
Pervert Euchre (Perruche_verte)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Perruche_verte

Post Number: 394
Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bis! Bis!
Alphasoixante (Alphasoixante)
Mousquetaire
Username: Alphasoixante

Post Number: 74

Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Everything should be expected, nothing feared, from time and humanity.

Humankind is certain to make no mistakes.
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Paysan
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 461
Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Last in the series:

If death arrests the fantastic skinniness of my shoulders' two long arms -- employed in the lugubrious pounding of my literary gypsum -- I want the mourning reader at least to be able to say to himself: "One must give him his due. He has considerably cretinised me. What wouldn't he have done had he lived longer? He's the best professor of hypnotism I ever knew!" These few touching words will be engraved on my marble tombstone, and my manes will be content!

Isidore Ducasse, the "Comte de Lautreamont," died two years after writing this, at age 24, under mysterious circumstances. His burial place is unknown.
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I cast a long look of satisfaction upon the duality that composes me ... and find myself beautiful. Beautiful as the congenital malformation of man's sexual organs, consisting of the relative brevity of the urethral canal and the division or absence of its lower wall so that this canal opens at a variable distance from the gland and below the penis; or again, as the fleshy wattle, conical in shape, furrowed by quite deep transversal wrinkles, which rises from the base of the turkey's upper beak; or rather, as the following truth: "The system of scales, modes, and their harmonic series does not rest upon invariable natural laws but is, on the contrary, the result of aesthetic principles which have varied with the progressive development of mankind, and will vary again"; and above all, like an ironclad turreted corvette! Yes, I maintain the accuracy of my assertion.
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 6:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I put together a great side-by-side comparison for a friend who suggested that Bush looked like Scooby-Doo. I can't find it, though, dangit.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Reagan, however, forgot to duck.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's as good as a lot of the shots on BushorChimp.com.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

They're brothers.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page