Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through December 30, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Archive Thru January 2003 » What's your favorite absinthe and why? » Archive through December 30, 2002 « Previous Next »

Drinkslinger
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't laugh about expensive oil changes. My 911 is about $125 at the dealer.
Artemis
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"I sell cold duck and md 20/20 also."

I believe it. Those are in the same league with the other stuff you've been bragging about selling.

"Shit, with your budget you can get loaded all day."

I never said anything about budget, but if you were GIVING away the stuff you've been pitching, I wouldn't even pay the shipping to have you send it to me. Go try to impress the Yahoos on the Yahoo "absynthe" forum; you're in over your head here.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How about crackers?
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, all kidding aside. You need tires ??? Im your man!!! Lowest price in town. OS
Crosby
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I hear Betina is now offering oil changes for $200 including four quarts of Swiss 10/40.
Crosby
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Better yet, send me a sample set of tires. If they are any good, I'll tell the forum and promise to buy my next set from you in another 40K miles.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I need some 17" 215 Re-71s for my 911... got any left? Maybe you can throw them in with a bottle of La Bleue :-) I can spend all my money with OS!
Crosby
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I need a set of Michelin LTX M/S's. How much for a set of LT265/75R16E's? If you can't beat Betty's price on them, you should throw in a bottle of La Bleue.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He keeps wanting me to
come meet him so he can
cornhole me and take pictures
to post on this here forum...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

his proxy is right
*grabbing my crotch*
here...
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

?
translation please?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I got your proxy right here.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nice, I like your style. Why dont you bump a proxy and tell me about it??? You should stop by, Ill give you a GGGRREEEAAATT deal on some new hoops. OS.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Elvis tell us more about
this California Tire Co.

I could really use a new set
of sneakers fer the ride.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah underworked and overpaid.
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

you bet'cha...
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artemis, I sell cold duck and md 20/20 also. Shit, with your budget you can get loaded all day.

chevalier, we all know why I was getting the boot on ebay. Snitch??? Besides, I just sold three bottles last week on ebay and no problemo!!

Im not a bootlegger, I simply arrange a deal between a customer in the u.s. with a supplier in europe... thats all. Nothing but individuals ordering personal quantities for personal use.... thats all. A community servant if you will. OS.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You know, I heard
George Hamilton wears
his socks once and then
he throws 'em out.
Artemis
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No problem, Oxygenee.

Your subsequent post with facts and figures is the sort of solid information that should be of real help to those trying to determine whether they're getting "value" for their money. Leaving out some painstakingly made artisanal products that aren't made in Switzerland and generally aren't for sale anyway, I think your figures are accurate.

Personally, I don't think there's a bottle of liquor on the planet "worth" more than $50, but as I said before, how much a person can afford to spend is the true measure of whether he should let go of his money.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rabid,
I only pretended to notice a difference between the Betty's and Justin's when we were @ Panty's. I really couldn't tell 'em apart. Part of me bein' a dope, I guess.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

MAZELTOV!
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Slainte, Celticgent!
Celticgent
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I will definitely let you know how it goes. Unfortunately I haven't been in this game long enough to know the difference between a la bleue and a le car so I'm not paying to find out if his is real. Thus far the communication has been pretty good, but i'll let you know. Slainte!
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Silvenshadow wrote:
"I'd be willing to risk $20 to see if I want to take advantage of a %50 discount.
What do you think?"

Silvenshadow, why bother? Optimalsmarts doesn't respond (publically, at least) to rational queries unless pushed to the wall. And even then, his responses come out as irrational. (A b**tlegger who wants absinthe legalized? A seller who's happy with a "small" profit margin? An eBayer who thinks that selling absinthe on eBay is no big deal -- even though that website has cancelled a few of his own absinthe auctions and compelled him to change his monniker?)

Can you trust this guy enough to send him even $20?
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Drinkslinger and Celticgent, it'd be great if you'd give us a review of your upcoming experience -- as soon as possible after it occurs, while still fresh in your minds. You could touch upon the following:

-- the timeliness and quality of e-mails received from Optimalsmarts,

-- the speed of delivery,

-- the quality and condition of packaging,

-- the size, condition and quality of the
product(s), especially "La Bleue",

-- the timeliness and quality of the follow-up communication between you and Optimalsmarts,

-- and anything else you wish to comment upon.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page