Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

"Bientôt - 2002-"

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Archive Thru January 2003 » "Bientôt - 2002-" « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 06, 2003Chevalier25 1-6-03  12:28 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, January 8, 2003 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Any people who have never started a legit business should refrain from judging the Jade issue."

Well, I guess I can talk then. Being a business owner with over 14 years experience in international trade, I can tell you that Ted's business decisions have been, to put it very mildly, unusual.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree w/Artemis and Wolfgang. If I'd never tried any of Ted's stuff, I wouldn't give a hang if it ever came out. But, once you do, you get a little antsy to get some more. Can't be helped.
It's great shit.
Artemis
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Any people who have never started a legit business should refrain from judging the Jade issue."

Agreed. And in this case, the barriers were more numerous than usual. Even the barriers that were the same as for any business were probably more formidable than usual.

I've often said, and said it to Ted, that as a labor of love, what he set out to accomplish is understandable. As a business venture, it's almost insane. He set the bar so high, it wouldn't surprise me if he wound up not being able to clear it.

"because now they know what is a good absinthe but they can`t get it yet (unless they have a very good hausgemachte source, which is infrequent to say the least)."

Agreed again.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We do have a right to ask.

They have a right not to say anything.

Couldn't be simpler.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We have no real right to moan about Jade not being launced. It's not like they owe us anything. If its launched some time then well and good, if it's not then we're no worse off than we are already.

It's up to them if and when they launch, it's their business alone, it's not like we've invested any capital in it. They're under no obligation to offer us any explanations as to the delay, it's their business and it's up to them.

Like others who have tasted Jade I know its good so if it's launched I'll order some, if not I'll carry on as I am but I'm not entitled to any explanation about it's delay.
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My last comment was of course a friendly joke...

Any people who have never started a legit business should refrain from judging the Jade issue. For sure Ted knows how to make amazing absinthes, the question is how can he get past the paperwork and legal issues. I`m sure it is a hell of a pain in the ass.

A long time ago, him and Don shared many (too much?) details about their project amongst friends on the forum. We are just lucky to know about what they are up to.

Those who are really in pain now are those who tasted some pre release samples because now they know what is a good absinthe but they can`t get it yet (unless they have a very good hausgemachte source, which is infrequent to say the least).
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don lives in Thailand.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page