Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Sapin vs non-Sapin

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Archive Thru January 2003 » Sapin vs non-Sapin « Previous Next »

Brett
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I decided on the Sapin. Getting one of each was tempting, but at this time I can't justify the extra $120 (CAN) it would cost.

Besides, the regular Emile will always be available, at least I assume so. So I can always order it at a later date.
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 3:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ouch, my conscience has been pricked! I will email this weekend.
Zman7
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Sapin is good, however I'm still awaiting an email from Ian......
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Get one of each, and do your own comparison. If you're already on an "ordering binge", what's one more bottle?
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

you may end up liking the sapin better; i do...
especially if you are already familiar with chartreuse, although sapin has a more fresh, woodsy feeling from the pine-buds as opposed to the heady angelica dominance found in chartreuse...
you'll get the base idea of the 68, but with added complexity...
Brett
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I finally said screw it and have gone on an ordering binge. Two bottles from SC, now two from Markus (hopefully they'll come through customs), and I'm now going to order a bottle of Emile. I've never tried it before, neither the 45 nor the 68.

Should I spend the extra $10 and get the Sapin edition? I mean, I can probably order the regular stuff any time, but if I've never had it before, is it better to try the regular stuff first?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page