Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Optimalsmarts - What about the cubes???

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Archive Thru January 2003 » Optimalsmarts - What about the cubes??? « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's the spirit!
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, I'll try not to owe you strangers anything except some civility.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And seriously Chevy, unless you've met a Forum memeber face to face, and like them, what do any of us owe any other other than some civility? We're strangers. B 4 real.
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, I'll try not to be cynical next time.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, the price im selling it is about the same price im getting it at. Im just selling as an accessory. Isnt that nice of me??? OS
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Let me get this straight. One of the forum members here gave you a "wonderful source" for sugar ... so that you can sell this sugar to us at a higher price than we'd pay if we bought from the "wonderful source".

What a nice thing for a forum member to do to the rest of us! How thoughtful!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like the sound of "sugar heaven".
Sounds like drug slang.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well , I owe my connection to one of the forum members here. He has given me a wonderful source indeed. Thanks
Destiny
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well OS, if this is true, you are indeed a man of your word; I've busted my ass over the past year trying to find those little bastards and now, you, Asinthspoon and Eric all turn up with cubes!

Bravo to all of you, I'm in sugar heaven!!!
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This wednesday will be the first time I will be including a free sample of st louis wrapped cubes with all purchases. You will also be able to buy them seperately for about 6.50$ a pound. OS.
Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ASpoon,

I thought, surely, that Draeger's would have them...I guess not.

Whenever I get out to SF, I always stop by Draeger's for hard to find items.
Nolan
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't live in Austin so I can't say if they have st louis cubes or not but here is their website and they have an email contact on the page.
http://www.centralmarket.citysearch.com/1.html
Absinthespoon
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, believe me, I have looked high and low for these things and have never seen them outside France. They cost about 5 or 6 euros for a 1 kg box in the market there. I carried 4 boxes back and it was a hassle because the last thing I needed was an extra 4 kg carry on...

I looked again at Draeger's today (the NoCal equivalent of Bristol Farms) and they only had the rough unwrapped cubes.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lewd Labia-Snort! Goodun!
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lewd Labia - don't you know, the paper seals in the sugary goodness!

Eric - No disrepect to meant to Austin, but I'm floored that they're at the Austin Central Market; I've literally haunted gourmet shops in Beverly Hills and nobody has them or knows where to get them. The lack of civilized sugar cubes almost makes me ashamed to be an American! Do you have the name and number of your Central Market?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are they sugary?
Eric
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

destiny,
they are in fact the ones that are paper wrapped. sometimes the paper is yellow, sometimes blue.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Eric - Are they the rough-cut cubes or the individidually wrapped ones? For that price, I'm assuming that they're the rough-cut ones like A la Perruche.

Absinthespoon - check your email.
Eric
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

they have the st louis cubes here in austin at the central market. they sell them in bulk for $4.29/lb.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I do have one box, for 25% of Petermarc's quite reasonable price (+ shipping), lovingly hand-carried back from Paris if anyone is interested.
Crosby
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does that mean you can beat Petermarc's $100 a kilo?
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If they make it, I can get it!!! Might take me some time but for a small deposit I will start my search and bring you the cubes at a great deal. OS.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey OS, your website says that "If I don't see it, you can get it" so I have a test for you...

Even more elusive that Cuban Cigars (or a real Britney Spears nipple-slip) seems to be the individually wrapped French sugar cubes (preferably by St. Louis).

So, can you get the cubes?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page