Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through January 05, 2003

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Archive Thru January 2003 » January Auctions » Archive through January 05, 2003 « Previous Next »

Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crappy apartment on beach blvd??? In H.B.?? Doubt it. That apartment is actually my little sisters and it is very nice for a young girl in college. I too live on beach blvd and i also have a ranch near zion National park in virgin utah. Really neat place, ill show you my picture album if you like. Listen man, i dont understand why how many houses i have or which state im currently in matters. There is four of us working on this and,more importantly, on other internet ventures. If you have a question about me then ask, i will answer as long as its relative to this forum and its not insulting. OS
Drinkslinger
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Judging from the background of OS/Norhternlights photos of Absinthe bottles I'd say the beach house is not that special. They remind me of a crappy little apartment I used to rent on Beach Blvd.

I doubt there are any lear jets involved. OS is trying to make a buck. That's fine with me as long as the deals are honest.
Crosby
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Optimal Smarms,

What's up with the Utah thing? I thought you are in L. A., selling tires and paying for your beach house next to Ozzy with your fabulous business plan. Do you ever do anything in a straight forward manner? It's hard for me to consider the idea of doing business with someone who uses a bunch of different handles and addresses. It just doesn't have honest business man written all over it. Please refrain from an explanation about how you commute by private Lear jet, necessary for an absinthe/rubber baron.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I agree about the aging in white oak barrels and all that jazz. But aging in the bottle also has an affect with many drinks. About 6 months ago i put aside about 40 bottles in my cellar that i am going to age for a long long time. When "sapin" came out i added about another 10 bottles to that. A lot of the bottles are good customers of mine from the tire business and from the absinthe business. I had a bottle of pernod fils that was very aged and although it was great i could not taste the difference of the aged herbs as ted could. Speaking of tarragona, i gave old betty 1200$ for a bottle of pernod, you know, one of the ones she found in the crate. Can you believe that after holding my money for 4 months she decides to return the money and sell the bottle to someone else for more money??? One of her little snoops told her of me as im sure you would assume. How dirty was that? thats alright though, im working on something that will let her realize that you dont hold a deposit for 4 months and then give it back because someone else can pay more. OS.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And, I think the "aging" is supposed to be pre-bottling.
Just my opinion.
The poster of white noise.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The debate rages on on that one. My opinion is that the shorty is a necessity to put the chill on the harshness. Beyond that, you be talkin' long time inaction.
My opinion.
And I'm the guy that looks up to the village idiot.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well excuse me mr serious. I was wondering if ageing an absinthe would be as productive as ageing a wine. I would be nice if it did because that would bring more interest to the drink but i dont believe anything more than a quick age is useful. OS
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And it ain't got no cork.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Uh, no. But I'm drinking it now. What have I missed?
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Louie, have you ever aged a bottle of un emile for a really long time then pop the ole cork and let it breath for about 1 hour and then taste????
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ohh thats nice. I B okie dokie.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How you B
Opt Tim E?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fine, fine.
I was just watching the feel good story of down the road in Doylestown-
Pink.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lou, how are you doing this fine evening? OS
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The wheels of commerce grind on.

Not O.S.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Although im pretty sure that jabi bottles his la bleue at "the source"(toilet), mine comes from VDT. OS.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The bathroom; is that where you do the drinking... or the filling of the empty bottles :-)

Methinks that last La bleue had a hint of urine (tongue planted firmly in cheek).
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

thats not my toilet, that is a trashcan with the bag hanging out. the bottles in the bathroom are empty, thats where i do a lot of drinking. OS.
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like someone in Utah wants it to impress the Mormon goth chicks. I once knew a very strict Mormon girl who went absolutely WILD when she turned 16. After a year or two she went back to her old ways, more repressed than ever; but I suspect that she'll always have a secret taste for blood. Nothing like being at the right place at the right time...
Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=369&item=753119387

$80 for the small (0.5L) bottle? Damn, I need to get 2 for this price.

Is that La toilette in the background?
Petermarc
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

between those spoons and the sebor 'absinth pipe' one could deduce that congnac is actually the ancestor to modern eastern european absinth...
that's class!
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

But what is the BOTTLE worth? (just the bottle, that is)
Oxygenee
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, that's right. They're for use with coffee - you rested the spoon on the rim of the cup, put sugar in the spoon, added cognac, set it alight, and then stirred the burning sugar-cognac mixture into the coffee. There was apparently a vogue for this in the '50s. So a sugar ritual of a kind, just not an absinthe one!
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Hennseey"? Possibly "Hennessey" is what is meant here?
Lint
Posted on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13910&item=752855341
Same bottle as last auction. 2 new pictures though. still looks insanely faked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3269&item=752814840
Never seen these spoons before.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page