Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through January 10, 2003

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Louchelounge.com??? » Archive through January 10, 2003 « Previous Next »

Artemis
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That forum has everything this one lacks. Little dancing icons and everything. It's about time someone started an absinthe forum for the 21st Century.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

www.douchelounge.com?
Cheri
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Louchie.. your pic on that forum is even more icky poo than the one you have here...!
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

2louche,

Nope, no one here that I've been in touch with. That is a very small number. They profess innocence and I am inclined to believe them.

Well, I'm over my initial surprise by now. It was just very unexpected, that's all. As always, I turned to the forum for guidance in all things absinthe! Hey, waddaya know about that thujone stuff? ;-)
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just lurked around on the LL and saw that Mr. Liver has his beautiful, yet diseased, liver flopping around for all of the world to see. How pleasant!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was e-mailed as well, but mine is hangin' right out there in my profile. There seems to be quite a contingent of former/current/lurkin' Feeverte forumers over there.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are you sure it's not the PikkleLounge? heh heh
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

how about a member from this forum you've emailed hence the private email? maybe an ex-member or lurker who's become unhappy with things here and decided to make their own. regardless they still used poor judgement with the way they approached you. i guess they didn't like me i did not recieve an email and i have several email addys for them to hit , unless it got dump in the trash.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Holy Moses!
Sambeau
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It was the cuban cigar connection that had me thinking. Opie sells them. The other forum references them. It might be someone from SC, but they get all the publicity they need right here.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Holy Moses!
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok, ok. I get the picture. Ill take a color coordination class next quarter.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who needs acid? Or, I guess if you were on acid, it'd be more easier to read.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OS,

Web design has NOTHING to do with it. COLOR COORDINATION!! I'm no flit boy but eeeewwwww...
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sambeu,

Not Optimmy. Haven't done business with him yet.

-Green
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blinding, is putting it mildly.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i doubt that seriously. Youve seen my webdesign skills.
Sambeau
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Could this lounge be a marketing gimmick from Opie/Northernlights? I do like the "swap meet" idea.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

2louche,

I've got 2 emails. One for friends (sorta private)and businesses that I know. The other one I use when I don't care what kind of crap comes back or I don't know who is getting it. IOW a "dummy" address that I can dump easily and get a new one when the crap gets too deep.

He got me on my "private" email. So I was kinda spun about it because it was not spam and it was absinthe specific. Also, this is the only forum (absinthe) that I am a member of.

I wonder if he is, or is involved with, a distributor/seller that I've done business and is trying to start a forum of his own? In that case a better route to take would have been an invite from the seller. No harm, no foul, no privacy violation and I can respect that big time! Might even get me to sign up with that approach :-)

Just my 2 (Euro) cents.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

They like to burn their sugarcubes over there. Yuck, yuck.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I warned "Mike Turner" by reply e-mail I was an asshole before I went over there to fuck around. He didn't seem to mind. Actually I'd forgotten all about it. Maybe I should go back and have some more fun?

Mebbe whip out my enormus dick?
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

did you guys authorize your emails to be put on a register for your email services? it's easy enough to do research and find much unwanted info about yourself on public display... and most are free. i read that, chevalier, while poking around over there... i'm sure they meant to say he normally has an enormous dick.
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was also solicited...on an email address that I've never used for Absinthe discussion. That is strange.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Louchelounge on Louched Liver -- an excerpt from a recent post over there, misspellings included. Ha ha!

"Hey Fluffgy, I was just surfin and saw on another forum where this guy that is a member here also purchased a bottle of suisse from optimalsmarts, or optimmy as he called him, and posted a review about his la bleue. Everything about his response was positive and he sounded like he enjoyed the experience. That guy im speakin of has been around a long time and is usually an enormus dick. That la bleue must have really gotten him off."
Greenmeanie
Posted on Wednesday, January 8, 2003 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just got an unsolicited e-mail from a "Mike Turner" pimping for a startup forum called the Louchelounge.

I never heard of him or it before. I checked it out and it seems to be brand spankin' new. I even noticed one of our own posting there.

I'm pretty guarded about my e-mail address. Especially regarding absinthe. Anybody else get approached by him? Anybody know where he got his list from?

I'm not trying to sound overly concerned but it is my first unsolicited email regarding a hobby that I've had for less than a year and very few people know about.

It just wierded me out, that's all!

-Greenmeanie

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page