Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive « Previous Next »

Artemis
Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't know if Irma's still alive.

If she is, Mick Jagger should kiss her ass at least once a year in thanks for "Time's on My Side" and give her some money to go with it.
Bjacques
Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Haw! (Good thing I didn't have a mouthful of coffee).

Hey, is Irma Thomas still alive? I heard her sing in a club in the French Quarter about 10 or 12 years ago, I think.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trainer, that last post had me shedding tears of laughter.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BJacques, many men go to sleep with a stranglehold on something and wake up at the YMCA. Your case is not that unusual.
Artemis
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Fuckin diso made me start listening to country music"

Now that IS extreme ...

"because that and fuckin disco was all they played on the radio where I lived when I was a teenager."

When I was a teenager, I rode the yellow bus to school. The bus driver always turned the radio up, WTIX (AM) out of New Orleans. Little did I suspect that the "top ten" on that station was rarely heard outside New Orleans. If you had asked me, I would have thought those were the favorite tunes all over the country. Irma Thomas, Little Willie John, The Meters, Professor Longhair, etc.
Bjacques
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 6:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, me too. In 1976, my favorite hard rock station switched to disco at midnight, without any warning. I went to bed to "Stranglehold" and woke up to (probably) "YMCA."
Nolan
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I liked some of the older stuff he did. I hated disco with a passion. Fuckin diso made me start listening to country music because that and fuckin disco was all they played on the radio where I lived when I was a teenager. I assure you I didn't want to listen to country. It was better than disco though so I did listen. All worked out in the wash I guess. Now I listen to all kinds of music. No one gets outta this place alive!!
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I thought that was Scary Manilow.
Uncle
Posted on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He started a joke that got the whole world crying.....
Marc
Posted on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

and why don't I care?
Raschied
Posted on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not any more. Maurice Gibb died today.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page