Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Mata Hari

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Archive Thru January 2003 » Mata Hari « Previous Next »

Tuivel
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello 1888

I got to agree, the Mata Hari is nothing like a traditional french-style Absinthe but it's quite nice for what it is.

You should try the 'Grüne Fee' from the same distillery. I find it tastes like an improved version of MH. They took the bitternes and some alcohol out of it and added some nice additional flavours instead.

LaFee is good, although in my opinion Oxygenee is better(and cheaper). But if you want the best, get a bottle of Emile Pernot 68°.
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum though I've read a lot of the posts here.

Has anybody tried the Mata Hari 1881?

I bought a bottle a couple of weeks ago and was a little shocked at the taste without the anise, but found that it has it's own pleasant qualities once you let it be what it is.

My favorite brand is La Fee... as of right now... and the Mata Hari is far different from the La Fee.

So I Just thought I'd start a thread and go from there.

This forum is pretty informational and I look forward to trading thoughts.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page