Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Time for a FAQ update?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Archive Thru January 2003 » Time for a FAQ update? « Previous Next »

Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"The Best Spanish out there" is a good way to describe it, because I don't think it can hold a candle to the Emile 68's, for example. But, when compared to other products in its "league" (NS, Deva, etc)..it does stand out.

At any rate, it's nice to see that it's available without having to wait for it on eBay.
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Larsand, IMHO, is the best Spanish out there. It struck me as having a similarity to NS 70 with the most of the flaws removed. Alandia charges E44 for a bottle.
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Unfortunately, it's only about a third of a bottle, and the cap is loose....probably not worth the effort, PV. Larsand is good, isn't it? And it looks like alandia.de is selling it. (at least the last time I checked their website..they seem to change their product list rather frequently.)
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How much is left? I'll make you an offer.

I still love Segarra. F. Guy and Un Emile 68 also need to be on the short list. Larsand and La Fee are a step below those three.
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know what's happened over the last year, but I've reached the point where I can't even choke down a glass of Segarra. While I appreciate that it's a quality product, that oaky, butterscotchy flavor just doesn't agree with me...and so it languishes in the bowels of my absinthe cellar, untouched and under-appreciated.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

La Fee-too thick.
Lasala-too lemony.
Deva-day in day out, cheap as it comes, the steady Eddy.
Segarra-"Who dropped butterscotches in my absinthe?"
Nolan
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I think that Segarra is still one of the best. Not too sure about the others. La Fee is
o.k.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Unless, of course, La Fee, Lasala, Deva, and Segarra are still the very bestest commercially available absinthes . . .

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page