Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Emile 68 vs La Fee revisited...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Emile 68 vs La Fee revisited... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 31, 2003Emileguysmiley25 1-31-03  5:18 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Celticgent
Posted on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 6:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This site has one of the most extensive flask collections I have seen(non-antique). If you scroll down there are 2 porthole flasks much like the absinthe original flask.

http://www.littlemesters.com/en-gb/dept_42.html

(also, if you click the 7-14 oz. Flasks link in the upper right corner, there are porthole flasks with pictures etched into the glass)
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 4:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You probably know this, but ... antique ones commonly have silverplate shells into which the glass neatly fit. However, these flasks tend to be more bulbous than the slim, all metal kind.

my picture
my picture
Artemis
Posted on Sunday, February 2, 2003 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I meant, aren't some of the metal ones really glass with a metal casing on the outside?
Artemis
Posted on Sunday, February 2, 2003 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've only had absinthe in that thing for a few hours at a time, just long enough to get it to the drinking location and get it drank, which wasn't long, because the trips were short and it doesn't hold much. That thing is just for show - I definitely wouldn't store anything in it for a week. If I really had to carry a pocket flask, I would just carry a glass one. Aren't some of them glass on the inside?
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, February 2, 2003 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if absinthe would have a chemical reaction to being stored in a "metal" flask? Artemis obviously used his for absinthe but it probably wasn't stored in there for very long. Would the flavor be affected if it sat in a flask for a week or longer?
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Abspoon,

Yep. It's MAJOR crap. Totally undrinkable. I made the mistake of buying this crap just because I dug the flask. Had to pour the shit down the drain!! Flask is cool tho!
Absinthespoon
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can get the same flask with the window (like in the link Chev provided), except filled with "Absinthe Original" for basically the same price from
http://www.laboheme.uk.com/absinthe.htm
(I'm sure absinthe original is crap, but still...)

I also crave the repro Feuilles d'absinthe spoon they have, but I can't justify paying that price ($71, probably more because of the sinking dollar). No, this spoon is not made by Frenchman. If it didn't say "Absinthe Original" on the handle, I might be tempted.
Artemis
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's obviously intended to be Bacchus, but as far as I'm concerned it's a green man. Both of which are often taken for THE DEVIL, as that Ebay listing claims.

I paid $5 for it and have used it only twice, at the NOLA party (Nephilim tonic in it) and later that week on a fishing boat (Segarra). It then disappeared for a year. I thought a kid had stolen it. I found it in the seat pouch of one of my cars. That's what happens when you mess with the old devil wormwood.
Emileguysmiley
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3204175933&category=3269

But, I'd wait for a cheaper one to come up if I were you. It's a pretty common flask.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page