Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through January 30, 2003

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Archive Thru January 2003 » Optimalsmarts Sugar Cubes » Archive through January 30, 2003 « Previous Next »

Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 7:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So... anyway, back to the sugar cubes... um... they're really good and they disolve in a snap!
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

1888, see the little "edit" link at the top of your previous post? You can use it to delete unnecessary details.
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 7:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I misspelled that...

The customs label actually read...

"Bad & Illegal Drug Juice..."
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You're right! I wasn't thinking... obviously. Sometimes I think that this forum is a nice little private sector...

I'll be more cautious next time...

So neveryoumind what was said about anything prior to this post!
Destiny
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree, but not about the ATF; more like Customs or the Agriculture folks - so I guess I don't agree....

Should someone call mom and have her delete the unnecessary detail of a certain message?
Aion
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It looks like some individuals are almost
begging that their parcels are being
confiscated.

A.
Artemis
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

1888 blundered:

" ... it comes from the Czech Republic and the customs label indicates that the contents are ' ..... '. How's that one?"

Your post is in violation of the etiquette of this forum. And of common sense, if you think about it.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Opie... Heeheehee...
I love it when
a name sticks.
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK..

That's fair.
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We're not bashing Opie. It just takes an act of God to get a straight answer sometimes. The last person that provided me the service of a better product at a cheaper price was named Wolvie. I also sent my money out of the country for that one.
So the service Opie's providing is basically placing your order for you and maybe knocking a couple of days off shipping.
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah... wow. Yup. Ok...

I understand fully about trying to get all the answers... the last thing any of us needs is the ATF knocking at our doors demanding our stock of OS supplied Emile!!!
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

She said, "Wow"!

I'm not bashing Opie, I'm trying to get all the answers!
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Drinkslinger, your pic is just too funny!!! I keep clicking on it.. .I'm trying to think just what that girl must have said...
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think OS just clarified it...

Os, I think, you're doing a great job in trying to provide a service that is a little closer to home.

Why bash the guy? He's trying to do us all some good for our fix.

Yes, I'm a 'newbie' but what I discover today, is of course, the way it's always been, right?
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well then. It's settled. ?
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, but is that "Legal:...?

Right... is it 'Legal'? That I'm not sure but you know... what's legal anyways? What's the difference? People will use the law for them when it's convenient and when it's not... they say... "yeah, but...". So, what's legal or not, is only a state of mind if you ask me.

Have you ever thought about the State Trooper doing 90 down the throughway...

It's all relevant.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

if you collect money for absinthe in the united states then it is not fully legal. but if the funds go out of the country and the product is shipped from outside of the u.s. then it is totally legal.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, but is that "Legal:...? On one hand yes, on the other, no!
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For an example of what OS is planning... check out absinth.com. They're based out of Albany, NY and so is their customer service folk... er ... person.

So, your payment goes to Albany, NY as does any question about your order... but guess what? When your order arrives (I purchased the Logan 70 from them... not too bad... it's Czech) it comes from the Czech Republic. How's that one?

So yes... it can be done stateside.
Giovannigray
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whatever the hell he's doing, I don't think it's wise for Optimmy to describe in detail how he's "legally" selling absinthe stateside.

Opimalsmarts..follow the example of our other absinthe vendors..be discrete, and provide whatever service it is you provide with efficiency and the least amount of publically-posted fanfare possible.
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The lawn runs 3.6 miles down to the beach. That's a lot of edging.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, Optimmy! The simple life is the good life. 1 name, 1 e-mail address, 1 type of product IN STOCK. Yer gettin' the hang of it, boy!
Stop running in place, put your feet up on mom's coffee table when she ain't lookin' and enjoy the fruits of your pushing the envelope.
Then go out and edge the lawn on the "beachfront".
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cros, be nice. Opie's Mom says he's been really good this week.

Not only did he take the trash out, and mow the lawn, but he managed to get all A's this semester. His Mom is also proud of the fact that his study partner "Suzy" spends so much time doing homework with Opie... in the basement study-room.

Kids... :-)
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Moving up in the world. If you're really good she might let you use the car.
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

thats common knowledge. shes giving me my own phoneline next week if i dont miss garbage day!!!
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

By your carport you actually mean your mom's carport.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Opie welcome to 2003!
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Your right, there is no way for one to sell absinthe in the U.S. legally. I opened the can of worms so here it goes. It is acceptable for a person to order from another country where absinthe is legal and to receive personal quantities of absinthe for personal consumption and use. You can have absinthe in your possession and you can drink absinthe in the u.s. When i come back in the beginning of march www.optimalsmarts.com will simply provide those services in a legal fashion. The customer will be ordering absinthe from another country, it will be shipped and arrive at the customers house in two days and will be very competitive with the prices , mostly cheaper than anyone else. I am not stocking booze in my carport and selling it to u.s. citizens. The site is being repaired from its tragic state and you will be able to order very easily mostly through paypal and/or money orders or personal checks. There will one email addy, one name, and a customer service area that will assure a fluid transaction. No pun intended.
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It is not legal to import or sell a product intended for human consumption which contains wormwood, unless it is a prepared food (not a beverage) which contains no detectable thujone. Additionally, it is not legal to import liquor into the US without a license and without paying considerable tax. There are also significant regulations regarding how imported alcoholic beverages must be labeled. It is also not legal to send alcohol through the mails, and individual states have various levels of restriction regarding how you can sell liquor at a retail level, even if using a private courier.

Additionally, there is no "Internet Privacy Act", and no law of the sort was signed in 1995. The citation (431.322.12) doesn't even match the format of the US Code or CFR. It is as absurd to think that you can ward law-enforcement way from your website with that disclaimer as it is to think an undercover copy has to tell you he's a cop if you ask him.

http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm

In short, there is no way in hell for Opie to sell absinthe from within the US in complience with the law.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Strange, considering that the French aren't known for their, er, hygiene.
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"And what's this obession with hygenically (sp?) wrapped sugar cubes? All those bits of scrap -- a waste of paper.
...you can take it with you, put it in your pocket or briefcase... keep some in your car or whatever. So now you have some clean sugar to go along with your Swiss Army Switchblade Spoon. You never know when the spirit will grab you to swig down a glass of Absinthe. I mean we all want to be able to do that, right???
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"The rarest thing an absinthe collector could find would be a used sugar wrapper signed by Head_Prosthesis. I doubt even Oxygenee has one."

I have a number of them, the sugar having been sent to drippage by the Big Giant Head himself off the very dish in that picture. About the only thing I have that Oxy doesn't. Well, Head didn't actually SIGN them, but he licked them, so DNA tests will prove the strength of my claim if anybody ever does capture him and draw some blood.
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Perhaps it's the dial up connection Art."

No, the first try was my fault - I realized the wrong picture was being uploaded and hit the stop button. The second try I blamed on the software, but it was probably just a random glitch in the network somewhere that caused a time out before the picture could be posted. It's a dialup connection for sure.
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Probably MCD has one too.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think the Smithsonian has one.
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The rarest thing an absinthe collector could find would be a used sugar wrapper signed by Head_Prosthesis. I doubt even Oxygenee has one.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Perhaps they were for sale on ebay :-)

q: Is selling empty bottles and wrappers on ebay considered recycling?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't know! ...but somewhere on the
internet I saw a large collection
of wrappers someone had collected.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And what's this obession with hygenically (sp?) wrapped sugar cubes? All those bits of scrap -- a waste of paper.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Perhaps it's the dial up connection Art.
I know how much it sucks ass... again.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Packet illustrations by Jules Verne."

Wins my vote for quote of the day!
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

fuckedupsoftware
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My own research indicates that Verlaine, who liked to holler "I take mine with sugar" out of train windows (we can only speculate on what he was "taking"), favored the sugar in the picture, which is over 100 years old and still, like ALL refined sugar, exactly as good as the day it was made. Packet illustrations by Jules Verne.
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"His disclaimer forbidding law enforcement from entering his site under the internet privacy act of 1995"

Has he heard of the horribly misnamed "Patriot Act" that followed the destruction of the World Trade Center? In today's climate, the Feds can gather ANY information from ANY website without a warrant, without notification, and without any reason that would make any sense to anybody but them. 1995 is ancient history.
Sambeau
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

www.knifeshop.com if you are interested.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sure that this is a state law as well. We have a fellow working here part time who is a probation officer, who lost an arm when just a child. He carries an automatic because there is a clause in the law that allows someone with only one arm to possess one. He also carries a photocopy of the law in his wallet just in case he's ever questioned about it.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't know just what to tell you....I doubt there are regulations on the eastern part of the state that are different than here in the western. We had to pull one of our knives off the counter because it was "mechanically assisted", it had a spring that helped the blade open once you gave it a pull, not really automatic at all. The county prosecutor ruled that it fell under the state law prohibiting switchblades.

On the other hand, as far as kits go, I can buy parts kits to convert any number of weapons to full auto perfectly legally. Heaven help you if you get caught doing it though. I wonder if there's a similar situation with kits for automatic knives.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I saw kits in Wasteland,MI army shops...
As well as in other army surplus stores.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If the authorities SEE someone sell them they won't be doing it for long. You occasionally see guys from out of state at gun shows with automatic knives. A couple of them have had their entire inventories seized because of it.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can antique ones be found in flea markets? Southern California has the Pasadena Rose Bowl Market: i wonder if you could find it there?
Raschied
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Although they SELL them in Michigan. Coming from California, I was suprised to see one in a knife store at a shopping mall north of Downtown. I thought about buying it, but figured I'd get busted at the airport, even if it was in my checked bags.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 7:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know for certain that you can't own one in Michigan.
Celticgent
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am almost positive that it is illegal to possess a switchblabe in NY.
Sambeau
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 6:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Way off topic here, but I think you can possess a switchblade in any state. The infringement comes in if you transport one across state lines. If I remember correctly, If you "manufacture" one in your state, it is perfectly ok to keep it for personal use provided you comply with local concealed carry laws which would be applicable to all knives.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually there are a handfull of states in the USA where Switchblade knives are legal to sell & own, and several where you can own them, but not carry them on your person.
In addition L.E. and active duty mility can posess and carry.

Y.M.M.V. in your own home state.
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My understanding is that it's not the Thujone itself that's regulated, but the presence of wormwood in an alcohol beverage (or something like that.) OS' disclaimer forbidding law enforcement may or may not be a valid technique to mitigate damaging information gathered from his site, but someone reading this forum can make an order via email and not go through his site, so I don't see how that really helps him. There are still import issues, alcohol sales issues, shipping across state line issues, etc.

I do hope he has it nailed because that would be cool. No wait... how would that benefit me? Will prices come down significantly? Will there be a flood of top-quality commercially available absinthe? I'll admit it, part of the allure is also the (perceived) difficulty in obtaining absinthe as well as its un-deserved but notorious reputation. Why do most people want even a low quality *absinthe* rather than a top-quality pastis? If you bring a $300 bottle of wine to the average party, nobody really cares, but bring a crummy bottle of La Fee or Oxygenee and you're a hit. (I'd never waste E68 or anything better - pearls before swine.)

What has "legalization" in Europe done for the market? E68 and, to a lesser extent, F.Guy are the only people who have brought anything reasonable to the the market. Now that I think about it, how can E68 exist in Europe and Jade still be having "legal" problems in the third/fourth world? Why don't they move next door to the E-68 people and set-up shop?

I'm sure that there are reasonable answers to all these questions, but I'm still curious.
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

liquor-filled candies? Oh please, everyone who goes to Switzerland bring back Kirsh choclates. No one cares.

Just label it pastis or herbal liquor and I doubt anyone will notice.

On the other hand getting the BATF after you is probably a much bigger matter, especially if you haven't paid the proper alcohol taxes.

There may be some risk, but it's probably lessened by paying taxes, and having a liquor license.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

aha there's the loophole. Opie has employed a one-armed traveler with a short blade.

"personal Penalty"- Does that mean the other team gets a power play?
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If it's illegal to import, I don't think you can get a permit to sell it.
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here is what Trainer posted here last July.

U.S. Customs website has this to say:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Prohibited or Restricted Goods
The importation of certain classes of merchandise is prohibited or restricted to protect community health, to preserve domestic plant and animal life, and for other reasons. Should you attempt to bring in merchandise that is prohibited by law, it will be seized and you may be liable for a personal penalty. Prohibited articles include: liquor-filled candies, absinthe, lottery tickets, narcotics and dangerous drugs, drug paraphernalia, obscene articles and publications, seditious and treasonable materials, hazardous articles (e.g. fireworks, dangerous toys, toxic or poisonous substances), products made by prison convicts or forced labor, and switchblade knives (the only exception is for a "one-armed traveler," in which case the blade must be no longer than three inches).

Merchandise that is prohibited from entry into the United States will be seized. Merchandise that is restricted from entry into the United States may be released after inspection by the Government agency that imposed the restrictions, or detained until the conditions attached to the restrictions are met. The importer of prohibited or restricted merchandise may be liable for a personal penalty, and the merchandise may be confiscated.
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why can't he get a liquor license and sell it legally? Does anyone check to make sure other drinks don't contain thujone. Does the government check thujone level in Vermuth, Chartreuse, or other herbal drinks? I don't think they monitor sage and terragon levels in food, both of which contain thujone.

The Simpson & Vail site looks like it's only selling the rough cut sugar cubes.
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If he's found a way to pull it off then I'd be most amazed. I feel that since he made the statement he should explain it. His disclaimer forbidding law enforcement from entering his site under the internet privacy act of 1995 doesn't really suggest he has a solution.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If OS has indeed found a way to operate his business legally, then there's nothing to hide. If he's found a legal loophole, I doubt it's proprietary and others will probably follow. But I am curious if he can pull it off - so far he's pretty much delivered as promised. The only thing I can fault him for is (a) not keeping a sufficient stock of La Bleue and (b) charging $30 for domestic shipping.
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"I will be fully and completly stocked and doing business in a totally legal manner for all who participate. I hope this does not pose a problem to my current and future customers."

Opti,

I've avoided asking this in respect to your privacy , but since you brought it up. How can you sell something in a totally legal manner that is prohibited to sell? Since the importation for sale is banned I don't understand how you can make this statement. If you don't want to discuss the legality of your enterprise please refrain from making these statements. This isn't the first time you've implied that you're running a legal business.
Gasspectro
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OS,
even though I bought some, can I get in on the 3.50 shipping deal?
GS
Notice the begging?
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

la bleue will return in full force when i return from europe at the end of febuary. until then i am sorry to say that im saving my investment cash for my go to spain and france and swiss reorganization trip. My goal is to come back and conduct business in a more professional and legal manner. I will be fully and completly stocked and doing business in a totally legal manner for all who participate. I hope this does not pose a problem to my current and future customers.
Sprite
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Waving hello to Os and everyone!
Check your email, Os. It's me! sprite!

Can't stay online tonight much since hubby wants me to watch a movie on cable with him in a bit.
Bye everyone!
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey there mister, be nice to my sugarcubes!

Now, do some more research and find out the status of your La Bleue.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

...and don't even get us started
on the brown blotters dude!
Optimalsmarts
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

some st louie are split in the wrapper. I researched and found that some colors of wrappers made at some times are solid. I have the solid ones also. If you have solid cubes in the light blue wrapper then your shit is old, at least one year. The Yellow wrappers have the solid cubes at this point. I dishin out free samples of st louis cubes right now. Send 3.50/lb for shipping and handling to grandcaymanliquors@yahoo.com , limit is 2/lb's per customer. thanks
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, from Kentucky... I get it.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He got her a job @ Club 17 instead. I'm not sure what time she's on though.
Goes by the name of GrandKYman.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What happened to the photos of his little sis?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Or sell absinthe.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, that sugarcube idea was great. If only OS knew how to reward genius...
Barsnake
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.svtea.com/fd_sugar.asp
5.25 for a 17.5 oz box
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Opie, the Queen of sugar!
Gasspectro
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just called Kalustyan's. The Saint Louis cubes are not wrapped. I also purchased 2 pounds from OS, and they were delivered A-OK two days ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

OS charges $6.00 per pound...
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone tried Kalustyans? They have a good variety of sugar, but it doesn't say if any of them are individually wrapped.
http://www.kalustyans.com/catalog.asp?menucategory_id=60&category_id=118&currpage=1

What were his prices?
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, mine say "Made in China"!!!

Just kidding, mine have light blue wrapping with the St. Louis logo on one side and drawings of various islands of the world on the other. They are from the box that abspoon brough from Paris. I know that St. Louis varies the color/design of the wrapping, but the variance of split/not-split seems odd. Oh well, no big deal.

That said, I absolutely agree with you about the cubes, they are great. They sugar is either finer or less compact than American cubes because they dissolve much quicker. I like things a bit sweeter, so I use a full cube and might even try a cube and a half with the P68.
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What does the wrap look like on yours. These are blue with a design and is labled 'Made in France'.
Destiny
Posted on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's interesting, my St. Louis cubes aren't split in two. I've seen another brand that were split, but not mine.

Hmmmmm.....
Posted on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As promised, here's the result of my dealings with Os and the St. Louis Sugar Cubes...

I emailed him numerous times and he responded to each email.

I ordered 2 lbs. of the cubes and received them in 4 days from CA to NY... not too bad at all!!!

As for the cubes themselves.. they're individually wrapped and are split in two. One half seems to be just right for my taste. The cubes dissolve very, very nicely under a drip... for those of you using Dominos.... STOP!... and get some of these! You won't be sorry!

Overall I find my transaction with OS to very satisfactory!

Thanks again!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page