Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Baz the newbie

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Baz the newbie « Previous Next »

Beckbjj
Posted on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ditto for me...ordered I think around 11:30 pm (US Central) on Wednesday, and my order arrived in beautiful condition today! Everyone at my office was duly impressed at the condition of it, given that it had traveled so far so fast!

Becky
Baz
Posted on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn, that was fast!!!

Just got my order today, ordered it on thursday. Pretty sweet! But, I had told myself I wasn't going to drink tonight, you know, coming up for air and all that. Maybe I'll change my mind.

Since I live in Hicktucky, all I can get is domino dots. I guess I'll just have to use those tonight...
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The problem ordering multiple different products is due to my lack of ability (and time) to set up a proper shopping cart. I want to allow both PayPal and Worldpay options at check out and that can cause problems with some carts. Just email me and I'll sort out prices and ensure that you don't get hit for more shipping costs than are necessary. The billing address/payment address issue seems to be down to the Worldpay standard form which doesn't allow you to give two addresses, I'm looking into it.

By the way if anyone has any suggestions for a shopping cart that will allow multiple purchases, different shipping zones and both PayPal and Worldpat checkout options let me know by email, there will be a bottle of absinthe in it if it works!
Crosby
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just send them an email. They'll be happy to put together any package you want and there are several ways to pay.
Beckbjj
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I paid via credit card, so it would only let me order one type of absinthe and would anly let me ship it to the billing address for that particular credit card, and I'll NEVER be home for delivery! I emailed them about this, how good are they at responses?

I was thinking the same thing, about only being able to order one kind. I just placed my first order with them also, and only ordered one bottle, but would've been sorely tempted to order two had there been an option of one "regular" Un Emile and one Sapin together.

As for the shipping address question, I didn't see anything when I ordered that required me to use my PayPal Confirmed address, so I used my unconfirmed address which is my office. FWIW, I included an explanatory message with my PayPal payment, and I got an email back right away saying it was fine and they would ship as I requested. So far very impressive service...looking forward to receiving my precious cargo soon!

Becky
Turdferguson
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sure.
Baz
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was being sarcastic.

I aint no newbie. Just been away for awhile.
Turdferguson
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, it is like acid; in fact, it's better.
Baz
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, I just left there!

I ordered, but it didn't go as I wanted. I paid via credit card, so it would only let me order one type of absinthe and would anly let me ship it to the billing address for that particular credit card, and I'll NEVER be home for delivery! I emailed them about this, how good are they at responses?
Crosby
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.absintheonline.com/
Baz
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, guys, I, um, was wondering, um-
Okay, I've seen different references to websites where good absinthe can be ordered, but since the buyer's guide is so outdated I was wondering if we could just get a list of urls placed somewhere so that I can see what's out there. I'm ordering some pernod from spirits corner, but want to see if there is any lablue available and read somewhere that emile is going to go up in price real soon.

Oh, and, let's see:
Which absinthe has the highest thujone?

Is thujone really like acid?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page