Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

When is your privacy invaded?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » The Monkey Hole » Archive Thru March 2003 » When is your privacy invaded? « Previous Next »

Lordhobgoblin (Lordhobgoblin)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Lordhobgoblin

Post Number: 668

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No cash but, I'm more than happy to deposit something warm and sticky,
Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 804

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do you have cash?
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 665

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Only if she agrees to take out her false teeth and suck my cock!
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 799

Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Take back what you said about my Auntie Joan!
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 663

Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blackjack,

Sometimes pampered celebs and their asshole attitudes just get on my nerves. Like Joan Collins who recently asked a charity she had donated money to give it back to her because she had become a bit strapped for cash. Maybe she could have cut back on her extravagant lifestyle a bit if she found herself a bit short of cash (like the rest of.... Wait! I'm doing it again! I'm off to fix myself a drink.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 662

Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artemis,

There is a 'Sod-U-Ken' campaign running encouraging people not to pay, but the way human nature is, it will end up with a hard core of non-payers and most others will pay up grudgingly. I don't have much call to go into central London anyway and when I do the traffic is so dreadful I usually take a tube. I used to like Ken Livingstone, but he's a fucking arsehole for introducing something like this.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 792

Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 5:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hob, you seem to be AWFULLY concerned with celebrities these days...
Deadest Elephant (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 548

Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I see it as a golden opportunity to put a stop to some of this nonsense. Apparently, London's meat cutters, who aren't part of the congestion problem anyway, because of the times they travel in and out, are saying "fuck you, we aren't going to pay". If everybody says the same and sticks together it will be a big step in the right direction.
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 465
Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As for Michael & Catherine: It's the American Way. Where once there was a "right" to privacy, now there is the "commodity" of privacy. It's true of everything now.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 657
Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes indeed, privacy in the UK is fast disappearing. Anyone caught on the new inner London congestion charge cameras will also be screened to see if they are a 'potential terrorist' (and no doubt potential anything else the authorities want to keep tabs on). If the congestion charge is a 'success' the government is talking about taking Ken Livingstone's idea and rolling it out to outer London and other UK cities. Apart from the expense, civil liberty implications are quite worrying.
Deadest Elephant (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 542

Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When they put up a camera to see if you entered London, so they can make you pay for that privelege?

When they pass a law saying that if you have a PGP key, you have to turn it over to the government in case they need to read your email?

Better have an eye to your own privacy and let Michael Douglas take care of himself.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 655
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Since I'm in a celeb bashing mood, what about Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones taking Hello Magazineto court for invading the privacy of their wedding by publishing photos of it? How can an event be a private event when they make it a public event by (for a fee of 1,000,000) letting OK magazine show it to the public? A bit of having your cake and wanting to eat it. Nothing to do with invasion of privacy, they're just sore that Hello were crafty enough to get shots of it without paying. It'd be disgraceful if the Douglases won their court action on the basis of invasion of privacy.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page