Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Goodbye Neighbor

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » Goodbye Neighbor « Previous Next »

Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 606

Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like the story I head - the crew of the TV show hung a blow-up doll, the kind with the suckerfish lips, in the closet to take Mr. Rogers by surprise when he went to get his house sweater. Fred didn't miss a beat. He whipped the doll out and waltzed around the set with it ...

I liked the Saturday Night Live take on him too - people would encounter "Fred" in the XXX section of the video store, say something that would piss him off, and he'd beat the crap out of them.
Althea (Rosietwobears)
Mousquetaire
Username: Rosietwobears

Post Number: 29

Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

sometimes when they went to make-believe land with the trolley id forget all about the rest of the program. it was always a shock when the trolley showed up again and id think "oh yeah! thats right"

and am i the only one that thought putting on a house sweater was odd? i mean... who does that?
Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
Karl (Raschied)
le Duc
Username: Raschied

Post Number: 263

Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When I was real little, i used to wonder why Mr. Rogers was invisible when he walked to his neighbors' houses.

For those who don't remember, they used to show a model of the town he supposedly lived in, and the camera would fly from his "house" to where he was supposed to be going.
Rock over London, Rock on Chicago.
Pontiac - We build Excitement.
Masqued Reveler (Nolamour)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Nolamour

Post Number: 626

Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fred Rogers dies of cancer. He was 74. Jeez, there goes my childhood.
Laissez le Bon Temps Rouler!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page