Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Martha Stewart digs that Herbsaint

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Martha Stewart digs that Herbsaint « Previous Next »

T. A. Breaux (Tabreaux)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Tabreaux

Post Number: 89
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Indeed it wasn't.
Jay & The Imp (Thegreenimp)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Thegreenimp

Post Number: 220

Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It was from 2000 if memory serves correct, I caught it when it was first broadcast. (and have the whole show on tape)
There were nonconvincing statements, that sweet innocent Martha, was just drinking pastis........I understand that it wasn't.
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 610

Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think that's an old show; it was discussed here some time back. The shop was Lucullus, I believe - they sell antiques of all types, including some absinthe items.
Sambeau (Sambeau)
Mousquetaire
Username: Sambeau

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My wife taped a little snippet on Absinthe from the M.S. show. Martha was in New Orleans at an antique cookware type shop. I think the same shop was mentioned in an earlier post. Anyway, She poured a dose of vintage Herbsaint from a topette over a cube, waited about 2 seconds, then stirred the cube into the dose. They mentioned water but didn't use it. The camera showed her raise the glass, but she didn't drink any. I wonder if that is how Martha serves it when she entertains in the Hamptons.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page