Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The quiet American

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » The quiet American « Previous Next »

Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 871

Posted on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

See Fraser in Gods and Monsters. Played a big dumb hunky guy, but with feeling.

Everyone had reviewed it a few months ago, more or less giving it the thumbs up. I was real interested in seeing it and am surprised, with all the press, that its not playing right now.

Harumph.

A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Dr. O (Dr_ordinaire)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Dr_ordinaire

Post Number: 448
Posted on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It is a good movie. Michael Caine is absolutely perfect for the role, the cynical been-there-done that reporter. Brendan Fraser, after all his stupid mummy films, put his erneastedess (is there such a word?)to good work. I don't know how he got the role, but he deserves it.

A movie to enjoy from beginning to end.
Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 870

Posted on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It was one of the movies that was delayed release after Sept. 11th (tho Collateral Damage somehow still made it out that year) ... it had limited release here in November, and was scheduled for expanded release but I don't see that that has happened. Must search more.

Too bad, it got some good reviews.
A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Dr. O (Dr_ordinaire)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Dr_ordinaire

Post Number: 446
Posted on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've just saw this movie, and someone mentioned that it won't be shown in the USA. Is it true?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page