Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe in the Highlander series

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Absinthe in the Highlander series « Previous Next »

Absinthe Queen of Reviews (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 1723

Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

One indeed.
Pata-P LOVES SPECIAL "H"! HE'S "A" NUMBER ONE FAN!!!
Karl (Raschied)
le Duc
Username: Raschied

Post Number: 267

Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 6:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I found the episode of the Highlander series that featured an immortal with an "expensive drinking habit."

The episode is entitled "For Evil's Sake" and revolves around an immortal assassin named Kuyler who does acrobatics, dresses up in clown/mime makeup, and then kills his audience. It's found in the Season 1 box set roughly in the middle of the season.

the absinthe in question is in an unmarked rectangular bottle, and looks pre-louched. Yuck. There isn't any sugar cube ritual - Kuyler drinks shots of the stuff. He purchases it in a little liquor store in Paris (I'll see if I can get the name of the store, but it's probably a false store front.)

In a flashback, Kuyler offers some to Duncan's employer, some sort of french noble. The noble replies back, "That way lies madness, and death, my friend." This supposedly took place in the 1800's. throughout the episode, it is implied that only an immortal can drink absinthe regularly and not go insane.

Now we know why Head needs a Prosthesis.....
There can be only One!!

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago.
Pontiac - We build Excitement.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page