Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through March 10, 2003

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » The Monkey Hole » Archive Thru March 2003 » Ignorant bitch » Archive through March 10, 2003 « Previous Next »

Alphasoixante (Alphasoixante)
le Vicomte
Username: Alphasoixante

Post Number: 93

Posted on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh all right. here's the god vs allah quiz again:
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1001/viciousgodquiz.html

gary kiger (Teneng)
Mousquetaire
Username: Teneng

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"If we don't understandy HOW these people got so fucked up in the head that they wanted to murder 3000 innocent people,"

i think i might know why... its thier peacefull religion of islam, wait... take out the killing ing of "infidels" and the its ok to kill a beiliver if you free a slave who beilives the SHIT and you got... the peacful religion of islam.

IX. 5-6: Kill those who join other gods with God wherever you may find them.

IV.76: Those who believe fight in the cause of God.

IV.74: Let those who fight in the cause of God who barter the life of this world for that which is to come; for whoever fights on God's path, whether he is killed or triumphs, We will give him a handsome reward.

VIII.39-42: Say to the Infidels: if they desist from their unbelief, what is now past shall be forgiven; but if they return to it, they have already before them the doom of the ancients! Fight then against them till strife be at an end, and the religion be all of it God's.

IV.89: They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

IV.92: And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave , and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a covenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

...dont get me wrong. i believe in a persons right to practice whatever religion they want, its when they force it on me/kill me...

Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 864

Posted on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

I don't give a fuck what someone else's perspective is on blowing up the WTC full of people.

The point of understanding it isn't that you're supposed to agree with it. The point of understanding it is to help prevent it from happening again. If we don't understandy HOW these people got so fucked up in the head that they wanted to murder 3000 innocent people, it will be pretty hard to figure out who else is likely to do that sort of thing.
Alphasoixante (Alphasoixante)
le Vicomte
Username: Alphasoixante

Post Number: 92

Posted on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

this is false advertising. i read the thread title and thought it was a discussion about ann coulter. damn. oh well.
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 646

Posted on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"what are the people in ohio thinking electing retards"

"Tough to say, since Patty Murray is from WASHINGTON ..."

Too bad for Washington.
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 645

Posted on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Artemis clearly received the placebo"

At the time I responded to your post, all I saw was "excellent point", none of the rest was there yet.

The problem with you is that you, like most liberals, equate "understanding" with YOUR point of view. I've got news for you, you don't understand shit. Never mind the placebo, I'd rather take poison than swallow your "understanding".

Darrin, Stalker of Head (Traineraz)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Traineraz

Post Number: 868
Posted on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artemis clearly received the placebo.
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 641

Posted on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"from someone else's perspective"

I don't give a fuck what someone else's perspective is on blowing up the WTC full of people. I'm comfortable with mine.

"Excellent point"

It was shit for brains liberal crap. I say again, the teachers in question are afraid to even acknowledge Bush is actually the president, much less popular, and therefore afraid to give an assignment that might lead children into the thinking of conservatives in this country, thereby giving them some understanding of THAT, but they are instead led to "understand" Osama Bin Laden?

Elitist Bastard

Post Number: 867
Posted on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Excellent point. I completely forgot that clinical trial; 500 Americans were given Understanding, and a control group of 500 Americans were given a placebo. The placebo group was 62% more likely to go to war at the drop of a hat; while at war, the placebo recipients were 76% more likely to not only attack military installations, but also bomb civilian targets with glee.

This study had a margin of error of +/- 2%.
Pervert Euchre (Perruche_verte)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Perruche_verte

Post Number: 416

Posted on Saturday, March 8, 2003 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well understanding can lead to empathy and empathy has been proven to be an obstacle to blowing people to kingdom come if King and country demand...

"Drink accomplished what God did not." --Marguerite Duras
Elitist Bastard

Post Number: 866
Posted on Saturday, March 8, 2003 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What a shame that it's now a thought crime to try to look at an issue from someone else's perspective and try to understand a point of view other than our own. Here I always thought that understanding those with whom we do not agree was the foundation for growth and progress . . . I guess blind nationalism is nowadays much more popular than exploration and understanding.
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 486
Posted on Saturday, March 8, 2003 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Heh, heh. He said: "dirty monkey do". Heh.

------
Pata-P LOVES SPECIAL "H"! HE'S "THEE" NUMBER ONE FAN!!!
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 861

Posted on Saturday, March 8, 2003 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

And I bet this same school has asked the "kids" to CONSIDER why George Bush is so popular, right?

Hey, their guess is as good as mine...
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 860

Posted on Saturday, March 8, 2003 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

what are the people in ohio thinking electing retards.

Tough to say, since Patty Murray is from WASHINGTON...
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 637

Posted on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"what are the people in ohio thinking electing retards"

I don't know what her district looks like, but it may be premature to blame Ohio people. Entire congressional districts have been gerrymandered (artificially shaped) to produce a desired result. For example, many congressional districts wind like a stepped-on earthworm for miles and miles, but only a few miles wide, to ensure that everyone in the district is of the same skin color. This is not racist, of course. In Ohio, they may have been only trying to give the poor retards a chance to send one of their own to Congress.

Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 636

Posted on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"What Would Dirty Monkey Do?"

Evolve.

Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 635

Posted on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"This was said as part of a THOUGHT EXERCISE, asking school kids to CONSIDER why bni-Ladin is so popular, not to say that he SHOULD be."

And I bet this same school has asked the "kids" to CONSIDER why George Bush is so popular, right?

Elitist Bastard

Post Number: 865
Posted on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ahh, the great and wise Dirty Monkey.

My Dirty Monkey Crystal Ball Sack guides my every decision. First, I shake the fuzzy ball sack. Then, I spill the crystal balls onto the table, and read the words that show on top when they stop rolling about.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 855

Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Stop being wise! It's confusing...
Absinthe Queen of Reviews (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3201

Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We the people of this nation,
are also quick to point the finger
at each other as conspirators as well
as blaming ourselves for the problem.

The big question at work "Do you think
we should bomb Iraq? Quick yes or no!"
Leading into the "if you aren't with us,
you're against us" mentality.

I respond...
"What Would Dirty Monkey Do?"

Pata-P LOVES SPECIAL "H"! HE'S "A" NUMBER ONE FAN!!!
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 854

Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

One last thing: I don't think that all, or even most of his popularity stems from his perception as a philanthropist. It also stems from his willingness to appeal to anger and hatred over reason. I am also fully aware that the US does put a lot of money into foreign aid. It is a question of the PERCEPTION of the US in the Arab world.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 853

Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, I found the orignal context. This was said as part of a THOUGHT EXERCISE, asking school kids to CONSIDER why bni-Ladin is so popular, not to say that he SHOULD be.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 852

Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have no idea what the real context of her statements were (since I can't find any reference to them except on right-wing "news" sites), but it seems to me that what she is saying is that Usama is percieved in the Arab world as a patron of the poor, and the US isn't. I don't think that is untrue. That doesn't make bni-Ladin a saint and the US the devil. All it means is that bni-Ladin runs a better PR campaign than we do. He knows that he can get away with a lot more atrocities if he has made himself out to be a hero by throwing his money around.

I DO think the US could learn a lot from him, at least in terms of appealing to the people of the Arab world. We could do a lot more to improve our relations by providing aid than we can by throwing around our military prowess.

However, I think she may have chosen a piss-poor way of saying this. Like I said, I can't tell because all we have is the Fox News version...

gary kiger (Teneng)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

oooo, it gets better....

Rep. Marcy Kaptur from... Ohio, and also a democrate...

"One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown,"
http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2003/3/6/93903

i dont even know how to respond to this stupid shit, what are the people in ohio thinking electing retards.

gary kiger (Teneng)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

senator/whore Patty Murray from ohio suggest that america has alot to learn from the good deads of osama bin laden

http://www.newsmax.com/showinside.shtml?a=2002/12/20/133001

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page