Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

La Cressonnee Carafes

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » La Cressonnee Carafes « Previous Next »

Sambeau (Sambeau)
Mousquetaire
Username: Sambeau

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I must say I've been reading your posts for a few years and you are an obvious anit-cressonite. Thanks for the info.
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 420
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

what he said...
Oxygenee (Oxygenee)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Oxygenee

Post Number: 114
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well that's just another despicable example of your blatant anti-Israeli prejudice, you pathetic lily-livered, red-flag waving.....ooops sorry, wrong thread.

There are many variants of the La Cressonnee carafes, some with quite widely spaced lettering, others with a much tighter, more upright script. All the ones I've seen have the wording in both red and blue, on opposite sides of the "bubble". Its difficult to say if some of the variants are scarcer than others, but none are remotely rare, and overall these are some of the easiest publicity carafes to find.

La Cressonnee was originally an absinthe with a watercress base, but it seemed to have increased considerably in popularity AFTER the ban, in the 1920's and 30's, when it was made by Paul Boulenger as a watercress flavoured anis, without any wormwood at all. During this period it competed with other early anis's, like Berger, Deniset and especially Pernod-Hemard's Amourette.

My guess, is that most if not all of these carafes date from AFTER the ban in 1915, and so are not true absinthe items at all.

Sambeau (Sambeau)
Mousquetaire
Username: Sambeau

Post Number: 39
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some have blue script, some red. Any difference in collectability? Can one be dated by the color?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page