Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Some Stuff Not to Try

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Some Stuff Not to Try « Previous Next »

Carl Guderian (Bjacques)
le Duc
Username: Bjacques

Post Number: 230
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I used Starop to clean chewing gum out of the inner lining of my coat. It worked, but not as well as Habsburg might have...
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 671

Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Do you want a sample of Starop ? I'm sure your sink would like it ! ;-)"

It's too late - I had a plumber come in and he used his rotary snake with blades on it - the problem turned out to be tree roots that had penetrated the old terra cotta drain piping outside under the ground. The Starop would probably get rid of the problem for good, but then there would be all these dead trees around the house .....
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

Moonman's friend (Wolfgang)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Wolfgang

Post Number: 898
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who's trying to poison Artemis ?
Moonman's friend (Wolfgang)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Wolfgang

Post Number: 897
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

LOL

Artemis, you'r our brave tasting hero !

Do you want a sample of Starop ? I'm sure your sink would like it ! ;-)
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 666

Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I feel like Gary Cooper in "Sergeant York".

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!

He's a good friend. No commercial potential, but that's what I like about him.

Absinthe Queen of Reviews (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3243

Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some friend.
Pata-P is the DUKE!
Duke a' New York.
HE'S "A" NUMBER ONE!!!

Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 665

Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A "friend" sent me a sampling of products which seemed to have a theme. To make sure I hadn't misinterpreted the theme, I asked him what it was, and he said, "stuff he knew I had never tried". When I pressed him, he added, "and probably didn't want to". Now that that's straight, here's the review:

Hill's - it's sort of blue. It has a nasty petroleum product funk, sort of like lighter fluid. Water lessens the funk and makes the jet fuel smell sharper. It doesn't louche. It tastes like moonshine collected in an uncleaned chamber pot with a few black jellybeans stirred in. After a sip, the rest went down the sink.

The King - pretty good color (green). Smells like Hill's. Unlike Hill's doesn't change at all with water addition. Everything else the same. Sink.

Pere Kermann - like a cross between the first two. Doesn't taste nearly as bad as either. Sink.

Herring - If you like yellow (lemon) absinthe, this is less offensive than La Sala. Louches pretty well, too. Sink.

Perla Vella - Very nice green color. Almost no scent. After watering, blossoms into a paper factory scent. Okay louche. Sink.

Some clear stuff, allegedly Swiss La Bleue - sort of like Versinthe. It's not absinthe; there's no wormwood in this. Somebody took a fucking on this one unless it was a gift. Intense louche - if you empty the glass and there's even a trace of the liquor at the bottom, pouring some water into it sends white tendrils flying around until the water overwhelms the stuff. Tastes sort of candy-like, but with a not altogether pleasant dish soap nuance. The only thing in the assortment I was able to finish.

As a bonus, Villa Massa Liquore di Limoni. This is a good lemon liquor, far better than the one other I've tried. If you like this stuff, this would appear to be a good brand.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page