Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Anyone In Oakland wanna Get together ...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru March 2003 » Anyone In Oakland wanna Get together fora Glass or 4. « Previous Next »

Bd (Thesubletter)
Paysan
Username: Thesubletter

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the and warm invite. I cant wait to try the pernod and Segarra. But there has to be a cheaper way around it? Is it the same cost in shipping if sent from spain by a friend?

Sometimes I wonder if the price is what it is because of supply and demand? Is absinthe popular in spain or czhech like vodka or beer here? Or it looked down upon? Or maybe even barley touched like ouzo?

just curious?

Moonman's friend (Wolfgang)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Wolfgang

Post Number: 896
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Amongst the commercially availlable absinthes, don't miss the Emile sapin and the Emile blanche.

Segarra was also a wise choice.
Turd Ferguson (Turdferguson)
Mousquetaire
Username: Turdferguson

Post Number: 18

Posted on Monday, March 24, 2003 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There a few restaurants and bars in Los Angeles that have started serving pastis. I ordered a glass of Ricard at a French restaurant called Morels, and they served it with a Ricard glass and carafe, an Absente spoon, and a couple A La Paruche brown sugar cubes. It was pretty tacky, but it was nice to drink Ricard at a bar.

Baba Booey! Baba Booey! Baba Booey! Baba B-
Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 891

Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chuck it all and go for the Emile ... unless you like to taste and compare.
A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Bd (Thesubletter)
Paysan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

there's a handful of us forumites ere in the bay area, and we've been known on occasion to get together and overthrow local regimes.

Great, I moved here 3 years ago from Baton Rouge. I love Oakland So far, It is very much Under Rated.
As for Cafe's that serve:I meant Cafe's that serve Absinthe. I know of a nice French wine Bar that we could Gather at. It;s very small though, but nice.

While researching Absinthe i kept running Across people saying that The bay area and New Orleans are really the only spots for Absinth culture. But I know that cant be. I went To Vancouver Recently, they sell it there, But only the dreaded Hills and Absente. It's very expensive and none of the bartenders knew what it really was or how to serve it. As for New orleans I only remember times on Decater late at night seeing absinthe a few times.

I currently like Absenta Serpis, But I'm waiting on Pernod 68 and Segarra.
I hear so much about Segarra, i had to try it.
What else is Good? Um emile? I want to get La fee, but the shipping kills me everytime.
Darrin, Stalker of Head (Traineraz)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Traineraz

Post Number: 879
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Michael Jackson forum, apparently.
Heathen Beaner (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 67

Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

weeee!

we'll have to find a kid to nap tho, they don't let you into Fairyland without one...

welcome, bd. there's a handful of us forumites ere in the bay area, and we've been known on occasion to get together and overthrow local regimes.

wait. what forum is this again?
Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 889

Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where you from in Louisiana? I lived there for a couple years myself.

Oakland is underrated. Depending on where you live, it can be great ... Children's Fairyland anyone?

As for "Cafe's that serve" ... I don't know of any myself, what are they serving exactly?
A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Bd (Thesubletter)
Paysan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone In Oakland wanna Get together for a Glass or 4.

New to Oakland and would like to meet other Absinthe Drinkers. From Louisiana originally. I also know of some Cafe's in Sf that Serve if you know others I'd love to trade info.
B

you may now Start flaming and predictable Sarcasm.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page