Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe in Belgium?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe in Belgium? « Previous Next »

Althea (Rosietwobears)
Mousquetaire
Username: Rosietwobears

Post Number: 43

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

we went saturday and spent alot of time in the catherdral and then to the bar just to the left of it with the 100 belgian beers "pater vaetje" i think its called.... we ate at some greek place on the way back to the car.
next time ill keep my eyes open for La Giorrena. thats not the place with the suspended piano and pianist is it? we went there last time and it was excellent. sadly ive forgotten the name.

by the way... is it just me or is antwerpen really really hard to navigate? it seems like they post the exit signs after youve missed the turn so that you know where you SHOULD have been instead of where to go!
Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
Carl Guderian (Bjacques)
le Duc
Username: Bjacques

Post Number: 240
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you haven't gone yet, eat at La Giorrena, on one of the streets just off the honking big cathedral. I forget the street's name, but it runs parallel to the Scheldt (river).
Althea (Rosietwobears)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 41

Posted on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ah well... thanks anyway
we'll probably just hang out in the cathedral, look at some ruebens, and drink high octane beer.

and order online.
Carl Guderian (Bjacques)
le Duc

Post Number: 237
Posted on Sunday, April 6, 2003 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I didn't have much time in Antwerp, but I didn't see any absinthe at a couple liquor stores I checked. I *did* find a shop that sells Becherovka, the Bohemian digestive.
Michal Sikorski (Oldlestat)
Paysan
Username: Oldlestat

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hi!
thanks for Yours replys
I live in Poland and I`ve drink only a Czech absinthe`s, my friend will go to Antwerp that is why I asking you.
greetings
Althea (Rosietwobears)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 39

Posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oddly enough im headed to antwerpen the weekend after that. what a hip happenin town!

should you hear anything about absinthe id love to know before we go down there.

Carl Guderian (Bjacques)
le Duc

Post Number: 236
Posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll probably be in Brussels or Antwerp this weekend, so I'll sniff around.

If you live in Brussels, London's only 3 hours away.
Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 900

Posted on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are there any Belgians in the house?

Hrm ... I don't know about shops, but there are lots of mailorder vendors in Europe that'll ship to you. lafeeverte.de, spiritscorner.com and alandia.de come to mind. Or just click on the Buyer's Guide Reviews link to the left and wander.
A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Michal Sikorski (Oldlestat)
Paysan
Username: Oldlestat

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi I`m new one in forum
I`ve question, do I buy the any absinthe in Belgium ???
Greetings

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page