Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe paraphernalia illegal?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe paraphernalia illegal? « Previous Next »

Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 954

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

my favorite bartender of the amazing manhattens is long gone. But they still turn out a mean cocktail.

Oh, and one other thing.

COQ AU VIN.

nuff said. *dies*
A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Spoon Boy (Absinthespoon)
le Duc
Username: Absinthespoon

Post Number: 255

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Absinthe is probably my favorite restaurant. It is a very authentic French bistro. Yes you can order pastis, and cocktails like "Death in the Afternoon" etc. made with pastis. Be sure to make reservations or you will be disappointed.

I'm pretty sure they have a Pernod Fils bottle behind glass too.
Heathen Beaner (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 76

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh, and they do have "absinthe" there, just not for sale. behind glass cases at various parts of the restaurant you'll see bottles of the ole spanish/portugese/czech stuff... but maybe they've updated that collection as well. i haven't been there in a long time.
Heathen Beaner (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 75

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

bunch of us have eaten/drinken... drunken... drank there before. in fact moulin rouge opening night we went there afterwards and cracked open some bottles of the green stuff at their outdoor seating... what did we tell them? it was spanish green wine? or something like that hehe

but they have good food, and an awesome selection of spirits, including several pastis which they serve you with a carafe of icewater for you to louche yourself. don't expect to find a cheap drink there, or anything cheap, however their prices for higher end liquors are quite reasonable.
Bd (Thesubletter)
Mousquetaire
Username: Thesubletter

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think they are closed now. They had a blowout sale last month. I think it is just a name. Just like the trendy restaurant, Absinthe.
http://www.absinthe.com/

Has anyone eaten there? Do they even serve pastis.
I heard its over rated.
Labia_Longinus (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3325

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.solanoavenueassn.org/scut.html

quote:

Go visit! Cameron Chardoul is having a delightful time in her store, Absinthe at 2003 Hopkins which is filled with old and new, whimsical and eclectic treasures for your home.

Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 938

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll check it out. I know the shop and have talked up the lovely lady. But she didn't have any absinthe paraphenalia when I was there 2 months ago. And said that "absinthe" was just a name she picked. She's half crafty stuff, half very selective parisian antiques.

Will drive by in the next week though and check it out.
A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Dr. O (Dr_ordinaire)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Dr_ordinaire

Post Number: 456
Posted on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've heard the following from an absintheur from the Bay Area:

that there's an antique shop in Berkeley called "Absinthe" and that the police made them remove all absinthe related items.

It sounds exceedingly weird to me. Does anybody know anything about this?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page