Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

OK I will try again

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » OK I will try again « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 21, 2003Nabber86 (Nabber86)25 4-21-03  6:34 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

When is the free booze giveaway? (Celticgent)
le Vicomte
Username: Celticgent

Post Number: 77

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

And they do. Weeeee!

and Strife
likes playing with deodorant and abuses the gas (those who are doing this, know what is meant)
Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1001

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

I am sure that there are a few people out there that can produce a Class 1 Absinthe that rivals any currently available or historical product

And they do. Weeeee!
A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Nabber86 (Nabber86)
Mousquetaire
Username: Nabber86

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Why go through the trouble of making your own when you can plunk down a few bucks at your local booze outlet and be done with it?"

Legalities aside, there are plenty of people that can out-brew, out-vint, and probably out-distill any commercially available product out there.

Take homebrew for example. When it was first legalized, nobody in their right mind thought that a person could actually make good beer at home. (Why brew it yourself, when you can go to the corner store and buy a six-pack of Schlitz).

I know several people who can brew fine European-Style Lagers that are better that can be purchased. Same thing with wine.

I am not condoning or promoting "moonshine", but I am sure that there are a few people out there that can produce a Class 1 Absinthe that rivals any currently available or historical product that was ever made. It's amazing what people can do in their spare time. Give some people a goal and they will exceed it. Too bad it aint legal.
Z (Zman7)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Zman7

Post Number: 257
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The ONLY reason the draconian laws prohibiting individuals from home distillation is money. Not lobbying from commercial distillers (though the laws do benefit them). The gubmint wants all those tax dollars to themselves. Check out "Whiskey Rebellion" and you'll see what I mean. What those fine fellows in DC don't understand is that if home distillation were to be made legal, it wouldn't even put a microscopic dent into their coffers. It's too much work and bother to make your own. Why go through the trouble of making your own when you can plunk down a few bucks at your local booze outlet and be done with it?
Imperial Order of Absinthe
Bob (I_b_puffin)
le Vicomte
Username: I_b_puffin

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The reason is probably that the large distilleries bribe, oops I mean lobby the government to have tough regulations that keep the little guys out.
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1463

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The "mouth of experience" has a beak.
Where once I was lost, I now come back to pee.
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 751

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

See:

http://www.atf.treas.gov/alcohol/info/faq/

I can't answer Blackjack's questions, but my guess is, a seemingly innocuous activity might fall under the regulations not because of any "harm" seen in that activity itself, but to eliminate excuses that the big fish might fall back upon to cover themselves if the regs didn't try to close every loophole ("honest officer, I was only *re-distilling* taxed alcohol ..."). You have to keep in mind that these sort of regs aren't built in a day - every time someone beats one of them in court, they add on another layer or seven to try and ensure that won't happen again ....

But even that doesn't explain this. Read it and cringe:

www.atf.gov/kids/faq.htm
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

The Red Pidgeon (Icarus)
le Vicomte
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 98

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The mouth of experience has spoken!
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1461

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You usually don't tea bag in "the end".
Face it.
Where once I was lost, I now come back to pee.
Jay & The Imp (Thegreenimp)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Thegreenimp

Post Number: 262

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Qoute:"Yeah, you gotta "tea bag" it in the end"

The distiller?,..or the distillate?
hal jourdin (Lanterne_verte)
Mousquetaire
Username: Lanterne_verte

Post Number: 10

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

...tea-bag...

"These DTs remind me of the ladies I've known. They sure are pretty, but they make me feel like shit."
Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 938

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

OK, that I can understand that. But arent additional fresh herbs steeped or soaked after distillation to make the final product. Doesnt this put in what was just removed?

No, because you use different herbs.
Labia_Longinus (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3336

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, you gotta "tea bag" it in the end.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page