Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Funny story (to me anyway)

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Funny story (to me anyway) « Previous Next »

Z (Zman7)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Zman7

Post Number: 255
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I recently went to a wineshop that is owned by a friend of mine. It was close to closing time, and I had brought a bottle of Emile 68, per his request, to allow his employees to sample absinthe after closing. Also at the shop was a wine rep who was helping run the wine tasting they were doing. After the shop closed, I broke out the Emile and we proceeded to sample some. The wine rep also had a glass. He was proud to say that he was somewhat of an expert in absinthe. "Oh really?" I said. Yes, he replied, he then went on to tell me all about how great that Czech abinthe was compared to, "this french stuff." And of course he began to blather about thujone and the marijuana connection. Yeah, he was an expert alright.
Imperial Order of Absinthe
SH (Mishima)
Paysan
Username: Mishima

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A friend of mine told me that they knew someone who had a bottle of absinthe for sale. I wasn't expecting it to be anything good, but I decided to check it out anyway. I asked my friend what brand it was, and they said it was called "Bill's." Obviously they meant Hill's, but I thought I'd check it out anyway. I go to see the guy and sure enough it's the bottle of Draino known as Hill's. He said he was selling it becuase he tried some and didn't like it...surprise surprise. After I told him I wasn't intersted he offered me another bottle, only this was Absente. I could hardly keep from laughing.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page