Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Could someone please tell me......

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Could someone please tell me...... « Previous Next »

ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1506

Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, quit fuckin' around postin' and DRINK!!!!!!
Where once I was lost, I now come back to pee.
J. the magic man (Themagicman)
Mousquetaire
Username: Themagicman

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all Very very much,
The Red Pigeon (Icarus) thanks for the photos and pierre verte (Petermarc) thanks for really clearing up this long time question I have had for a very long time. I need to try the 68 'Sapin' I do like the 45%.
again thank you all
now I need to get back to my glass
J.
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1494

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gimme full-on Emil Bros, or gimme beer.
Where once I was lost, I now come back to pee.
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 431

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

un émile 68° was created as an exclusive product for liqueurs de france ltd. its base is the same as the 45°, but the final product is different, and not just in alcohol percentage.
the sapin 68° was created as an exclusive product for LDF. due to demand placed on the distillery for the 68°, a 45° version of the sapin was kindly and uniquely made (to the reluctant acceptance of LDF), but the original buyer did not honor her agreement to buy all that was ordered, and the resulting excess was then sold to a german distributor, who has also put it online. the absinthe blanche 68° was made as an exclusive product, also developed by LDF. it, the original un émile 68° and the sapin 68° are presently sold only on-line by LDF (unless bought on-line at retail and then resold), and the un émile 68° is available in selected shops in the UK, and projects for other countries where it is legal are in the works. No one in the usa or elsewhere resells un émile 68° at less than the LDF online price including shipping, unless they have a diabolical plan.

>so why is the 45% not available at absintheonline?

because it is not a product of LDF, and can be purchased by anyone from the distillery.
oh, and no matter what anyone says, the 45° is good, but the 68° is better. better how? more aromatic, fuller mouth-feel, slower, more opalescent louche, more intensity of flavors, and longer finish.
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

cool ok thanks all, so the 45% is made by the some people as the 65%, its just that they sell 45% to resellers, and if you want anything else you have to buy it at absintheonline, so why is the 45% not available at absintheonline sorry to be a pain in the but, this something I have'nt understood thought I would ask you all thanks again
J.
MC Pee Pants (Fluffy_g)
Mousquetaire
Username: Fluffy_g

Post Number: 19

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now they need a 45% blanche, but a 55% would be even better...
Citizen Dildo
The Red Pigeon (Icarus)
le Duc
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 125

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

While the Emile 45% is good, it is very thin tasting in comparison to the 68%... could be the extra water

I prefer the 68%, but that's just me.

I also see that Alandia.de carries a 45% version of Sapin. I can only assume that it too is thin, and not up to par with the 68%.

Price for the 68% is approx 1.8X that of the 45% at lefeeverte.de You decide.

The glass on the right contains LDF Emile68% the glass on the left emile 45%.
Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1007

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Emile 68, Sapin 68, & la Blanche 68 are special commission formulas made by Pernot for Liqueurs de France at absintheonline.com and are only sold and distributed by LDF. The 45% versions are by made by Pernot, but w/ lower alcohol level and possible different formulations ... (LDF guys, feel free to step in)

“A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere.” - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok Markus has Un Emile 45% and alot of people talk about the Un Emile products like the Un Emile 68 'Sapin' from http://www.absintheonline.com/

(1) }but I dont see the one that Markus has on that site why is that,

also I have had the Un Emile 45% back when Markus first got it, I liked it very much.

(2) So what is the dif of the ones at www.absintheonline.com
and the one that Markus Has if any

Please let me in on this, I know that part if it is taste so you dont have to tell me that, more fact stuff please.

Thank all
J.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page