Alicante absinthe review

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru March 2001:Alicante absinthe review
By Absinthesque on Sunday, March 11, 2001 - 08:32 am: Edit

Addendum:
FWIW, I did have some unusually vivid dreams after three substantial glasses. It seems to me that vivid dreams, which I experience far more frequently after a few absinthes than otherwise, are the most pronounced secondary effect.

By Absinthesque on Friday, March 09, 2001 - 05:33 pm: Edit

I just got some of the new absinthe from Alicante. It looks like NS on the label not NA; the design is very attractive with gothic lettering.

The color of the absinthe is green, somewhere in between La Fee and Segarra, almost like an herbal tea, what I imagined absinthe should look like, but since the bottle is clear glass, I suspect the coloring is not natural. The louche is quite nice, a pale green.

I don't have the palate that Ted and some of the others in the forum do, but here's my two cents. The taste compares favorably with Deva and Mari Mayans. There's some of that flavor (star anise??) that's similar to Deva, but there's more complexity than in Deva and less of a liquorice flavor than some brands. There's also a certain woodiness and an herbal quality that I almost wish were stronger. I also taste more bitterness than in any of the other absinthes I've tried, including La Bleue. I could almost see drinking it with sugar. On the whole, it's quite good.

Sorry I missed the festivities in New Orleans! I'm eagerly awaiting the Jade product.

Mark

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation