Anyone still in New Orleans???

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru March 2001:Anyone still in New Orleans???
By Tabreaux on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:31 am: Edit

We are definitely in the final stages of things, and we hope to be online very soon. That's about all I can say. Stay tuned.

By Malhomme on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:20 am: Edit

Thanks, Ted!!! That's exactly the gallery I am looking for. Your generosity and helpfulness amazes me.

I know it's hard to say with these things, but do you think you'll be shipping by June? We really like the N.O. and the Edouard. After the party I can't get Allison to drink anything else!

Thanks again,
Jim

By Malhomme on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 08:49 pm: Edit

Hey, it's cool we didn't hook-up. Found myself proposing to Allison that night and was, errr, kinda busy. Three's a crowd. We would have liked to have met-up with you again but thought you would understand!

Come to Austin sometime. It's a great place. but don't tell anybody. Good food, sometimes moderate climate, intelligent people. It's a nice place to live. It's the San Francisco of Texas. Heh!

If you come down for something give us a shout we'd love to see you again.

And, glad you like the table. I thought you would. You won't find *that* at Pottery Barn!

Jim

By Marcellin on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Malhomme, you still in Nola? It must be nice to be you - don't you have a packaging job to get back to? By the way, I spent a little more time looking at your profile. That is a cool "table" you are using. Say hello to Allison for me - sorry we didn't hook it Sunday night. Maybe I'll find myself in Austin sometime. I've never been there, love to check it out.

p.

By Malhomme on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 10:41 am: Edit

...or "the RTA" as I heard one over-stressed tourist say!

Thanks for the tip, BC!
Jim

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 10:23 am: Edit

Mal:

I bet Ted is clever enough to figure it out, but in the future, when giving directions for something in N.O. (esp. to a New Orleanian), say "riverside" and "lakeside" instead of S&N (respectively)...and "above" and "below" for W&E.

The place you are looking for is below Canal, on the lakeside of Chartres, near Bienville.

That is a heckuva lot easier to find than, "if you're standing so-and-so, it's on the right." But it really doesn't matter, b/c I'm sure Ted can find it. It's just one of those things that will make you cool when you goto N.O. next time. ;-)

...like not calling the streetcar a "trolley"...

BC

By Malhomme on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 10:04 am: Edit

Thanks Ted!!!

The store is on Chartres. If you are facing south-west, towards Canal, it will be on the right-hand side of Chartres. I believe it is near Bienville.

In the window of the store (displayed prominently) is a lithograph, quite striking, of a dachshund advertising a German dogshow. The lithograph is approximately 32x16, black and brown are the prominent colors.

Inside the store, to the right, is a large lithograph of an Eduard Pernot advertisement. There are other absinthe posters in here, but this is the one I'm looking for.

Anyway, I hope this is clear enough directions-wise. I'm just looking for the name of the place (or a phone number) so I can call them to get this lithograph.

Thank you, Ted, for being so helpful.
Jim

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 08:40 am: Edit

If you give me directions, I'll probably be meandering down that way on Sat.

By Malhomme on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 08:09 am: Edit

If anyone is still in New Orleans, and going to visit the quarter soon... I'm searching for the name of a poster/lithograph store on Chartres (closest to Canal)(poster of a dachshund in the window). I can give directions to it. Can anyone help?

TIA,
Jim

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation