Jagermeister Rumors?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Jagermeister Rumors?
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through July 1, 2000  60   07/01 12:51pm

By Marc on Friday, July 07, 2000 - 02:19 am: Edit

Don,

If you start singing "Tiny Bubbles"
I'll gag you with an absinthe spoon.

By Don Walsh on Friday, July 07, 2000 - 01:03 am: Edit

Time for Morale Building and a much needed sense of community and joie de vivre, not to mention a sense of humor. Therefore:

Proposed Unofficial Drinking Song of the Absinthe Forum:

(to tune of Monty Python's "I'm a Lumberjack")

I'm an Absinthe Perv and I'm OK!
I bump all night and I drink all day!

I grind up herbs, an' stew the booze,
and still it by the quart!
I eat friend beans, chase them with beer,
And never break my heart

(Chorus) He grinds up herbs and stews the booze
And stills it by the quart;
He eats friend beans, then swills a brew,
Amd never breaks his heart!

It louches well, with sugar cubes
And spoons and funny glasses
I drink with friends, and spit on Hills
and all those horses' asses!

(Chorus) He's an Absinthe Perv and he's OK!
He bumps all night and drinks all day!

To Those who Dance with Green Fairies,
And other comely lasses
I say, Halloo and Good on You
but not those horses' asses!

(Chorus) We're all Absinthe Pervs and We're OK
We bump all night and drink all day!

All and sundry are invited to improve on this first effort...

By Don Walsh on Thursday, July 06, 2000 - 11:51 pm: Edit

Why lower oneself to engage in a battle of wits with someone obvious unarmed?

The Hills troll can't tell the difference between 'your' and 'you're'...

For Mike I recommend my patented Scope and Everclear 40/60 cocktail. Looks like Hills. Lights easier. Tastes better. Save the Hills for doing the windows.

So which is it, mike? KKK or the American Nazi party? Or one of the militias? You are clearly a racist, provincial dolt with a 2-digit IQ. Did Tom Hanks play your smarter brother Forrest? At least he had a heart.

Stupid is as stupid does.

By Marc on Thursday, July 06, 2000 - 07:49 pm: Edit

mersault

I don't think any thread in the forum should be "trashed". In the heat of debate there is often forged great ideas, as well as bullshit. While Don and I have had some intense disagreements, there's nothing that he or I have said that should be trashed. We're adults here (though that's some sometimes hard to believe)and we don't need to be monitored or censored. Kallisti as the creator and caretaker of the forum realizes this. As a result, she's pretty much
avoided a censorship role in the forum. That's good.

The only threads that should ever be "trashed", in my opinion, are one's that advocate violence, racism or pedophilia. Beyond that, this should be a intellectual free zone.

While I think Mike's post below is infantile, offensive and wrong, he still should be allowed to post his foolish comments here in the forum.

I would much rather deal with flames, idiotic remarks and heated arguments than the boring tyranny of political correctness.

By meursault06 on Thursday, July 06, 2000 - 07:05 pm: Edit

My god....This thread is still alive....I would've thought Kallisti'd trash this a while ago. Anyhow I have but one thing to add to this. I would like to apologize to Don for my remarks earlier in this thread. I have misjudged. While your tone may be harsh, I now see that you and Ted's experience in this subject far surpasses most. Moreover seeing the posts of others, I now see your responses to be more of "tough love," dispelling mistruth before they become out of hand or worse rumors.

"Everything in moderation, and a little humility never hurt anyone"
-My Cat "Lord Wellington"

By mike on Thursday, July 06, 2000 - 05:31 pm: Edit

Big Don,
Since you first entered this fourm you've made nothing but an ass out of yourself.
I would love to see your supposed DARK SIDE.
Your all talk!!!
Just quit the Flames!!!
I realy think your a young kid just spouting off everything you read on the NET. Your knowledge is very minor. And yes drugs and Absinthe go together hand and hand. That's the only reason people seek out Absinthe, cause they are looking for that special high it supposed to have, and we all know that there's no such thing. If you are from Asian
district overseas, we all know you people have no scrupples or morels and promote sex with young children, prostituteing them and enslaving them with your scopalomine laced drinks to rape and kidnap them. Your lucky your not in America where we beat the shit out of perverts and the such like you. Herse in the US its Death to the Pevert.
Dark Side my ass, your just another jerk like all of us. Get it. Good. I've been reading this fourm for years now. And watch people come and go.
So keep your perverted Ideas out of this fourm. If people like you would all commit suicide the World would be in a better place.

By JoergGrohne on Monday, July 03, 2000 - 02:12 pm: Edit

Dear Don,

that's it,Steinhäger tastes IMO really a little bit like paint thinner ( like a lot of german "clear" Schnaps ). I'm not quite shure but i think Steinhäger is now sold in brown ceramic bottles...

Enjoy your next Jägermeister, maybe it's your taste, mine is it not (the headaches, you know ;-)

By Don Walsh on Sunday, July 02, 2000 - 10:28 am: Edit

Dear Joerg

I must admit -- it has been 20+ years sicne I have had a chilled shot of Jagermeister; maybe my palate was different then, or my memory defective. I could be confusing it with Steinhager (although I remember, Jagermeister came in a cylindrical, opaque orange-brown bottle like some Holland gins, while Steinhager was in a rectangular glass bottle of no particular distinction. If I am mistaken pls correct me. If I have the opportunity here in Bangkok I will revisit Jagermeister with an open mind, after all -- I am not that far from grandfather age...

My amateur effort at translation was intended for the readers who won't even have the poor smattering of German I do. I never doubted you knew what the name means.

By JoergGrohne on Sunday, July 02, 2000 - 06:15 am: Edit

Dear Don,

i know the meaning of Jägermeister, i'm german ;-)

After the experimental use of 5 Jägermeister yesterday i found out that it causes a little bit of headache the next morning...

I don't know what a kind of paint thinner you have drunk (or what a special brand of Jägermeister you have tasted ;-) but the taste of (german) Jägermeister is more like cough syrup and sugar.

Hill's Absinthe tastes IMO much more like paint thinner or window cleaner, but Jägermeister really not.

Jägermeister is a very old drink. It became popular and a "cult drink" when they started a very good advertisement some years ago. At first they sponsored a football club in the 1st Bundesliga (Eintracht Jägermeister Braunschweig), then they made advertisements with people like you and me with a bottle of Jägermeister and a text starting with the famous words "Ich trinke Jägermeister, weil..." (i drink Jägermeister because...).

This advertisement is the source of a lot of jokes and fakes ("Ich trinke Jägermeister, weil ich den weißen Mäusen so gerne beim Spielen zusehe"/"I drink Jägermeister, because i like to watch the white mice play").

Then Jägermeister was used in a lot of bars to mix it with other drinks, like coke or other alcoholica.

So they changed the view of Jägermeister from a grandfathers drink (still with the picture of a deer on the bottle) to a hip modern drink.

By Don Walsh on Sunday, July 02, 2000 - 02:36 am: Edit

Dear Joerg

Yes, Jagermeister is a drink for when one has overeaten, it is what the french call a digestif. Almost all herbal liqueurs fall into this general category. To stimulate the digestion.

Ironic that thujone (not that Jagermeister has any!) has been alleged to inhibit bile (porphyrin) synthesis. That would seem to be contradicted by centuries of use as a carminative and digestive herb (in case of A.absinthium, containing thujone.)

I assume most of us know that the name Jagermeister means Master Hunter, Huntmaster, Master of the Hunt, etc.
It comes in a nice opaque bottle. It DOES taste like paint thinner, though.

By Don Walsh on Saturday, July 01, 2000 - 08:37 pm: Edit

Dear Mo Chit

No apologies required. Living in Canada is more than enough penance. (a joke a joke a joke!)

I am not so stern and irascible. In fact I am renowned as a great host and raconteur (even if I am saying so myself.)

You are certainly still welcome to find out when you return in my friend Clarke's year. I was quite unhappy when Arthur got beaten out of his K by the gutter press, not to mention his own misguided honesty. And no I do not share his vice. I have mine own.

We can chat about the lack (or oversupply) of Asian teenagers privately. I think your eavesdropped breakfast chatter was wishful thinking.

Now, if you are talking about the ASIAN on ASIAN brothels, that is a different matter but not a scene where any caucasian is ever going to be a witness. Appalling!

The bars and massage places that cater to Westerners in Thailand are essentially free of anything like child prostitition. That's my assertion and observation for 12 years and I will be happy to defend it at length -- privately.

(Foreign Press Card Holder
(Bureau Chief for South East Asia)
11 years running now)

By Mo Chit Steps Out on Saturday, July 01, 2000 - 03:58 pm: Edit

Mr don

where to begin? Firstly, a he is what i am, last
time i checked.

Next, with utter sincerity, i thank you for your
kind offer to sample said product of yours. It did
something that nothing so far on this forum has
done to me: it touched me. And that it was
irrascible You, well, god and a sense of humour
and all that...and you will notice i spelt
"humour", not the american way but the Canadian
way... which brings me to my next point.

I was in Thailand from january to march this year,
and i am still adjusting back to Canada, where i
live presently. Ergo the i suppose misleading (to
your inquiring mind no doubt an unconscionable
lie) statement "still riding the skytrain". I
couldn't resist the references, i knew you would
respond sooner or later. i did not expect an offer
so generous.

So I apologize if i misled, and i weep as i see
stern don dourly shaking his head, and clutching
his sparkly green, slowly turning away from me
before ascending the (many) steps to the Mo Chit
station. The end of the line.

I guess i will have to buy it like everybody
else, either by mail or when i return to ride mo
chit, which will not be till early arthur c.
clarke year.

Finally re; the Thai prostitute scene. I have seen
some shows, never gone with any ho's, but the
underage issue is debatable, as to whether there
is a negligible or substantial underage contingent
in the prostitute population. I apologize not for
any racism, because sir there ain't none, but it
was a sophomoric attempt at a cheap laugh.

i agree thailand is a vanilla country, a fine
metaphor, as the people and the scene are above
all gentle and straightforward. it is not dark and
twisted, at least from my admittedly very limited
viewpoint (although at breakfast once i overheard
four 50 to 60 year old AMERICAN businessmen
talking over eggs about, and i quote: "an endless
supply of 14 year old virgins"). Oh say can you
see indeed...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation