Fuck napster. Get free music here.

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru April 2001:Fuck napster. Get free music here.
By Anatomist1 on Thursday, April 05, 2001 - 08:41 pm: Edit

Well, that's good, except I think I may have destroyed its collector's value by scraping what was left of the sticker off. It still plays though, so it works for me. Since you said you were producing and distributing them yourself, I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Thanks again for the preview.

K.

By Marc on Thursday, April 05, 2001 - 06:52 pm: Edit

anatomist,

the cd I sent you (and fellow forumites)
is made on my cd burner. When it is officially released it will be like any cd you buy in the store. You got a funky homemade collector's item.

By Anatomist1 on Monday, April 02, 2001 - 06:24 pm: Edit

Marc,

I listened to the CD this weekend. I'll post a review in a while. Meantime, I strongly recommend NOT selling any CDR's with stickers on the top of them. My auto CD player had a real struggle getting it in and out, and when I went out to my truck today, the sticker had peeled up in a few places. When I tried to push it back down, it creased. When I tried to peel it off, not all of it came off so easily. I think I'll be able to manage to clean the remainder of the sticker off. However, if I were a paying customer, I would be dissatisfied for reasons having nothing to do with your music.

K.

By Marc on Monday, April 02, 2001 - 12:48 am: Edit

I'm driving to Vegas in a few hours. I'll be out of the loop for several days. If anyone has any
comments regarding my cd, good or bad, please post them on my website.

And thanks for the feedback. Its been inspiring.

By Pataphysician on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 07:29 am: Edit

"I had no choice, I was born with the gift of a golden voice" - Leonard Cohen, 'Tower of Song'

"I could sing just like Caruso if I wanted to. And I can hold my breath twice as long" - Bob Dylan, 1966

"People don't understand his singing. He is to singing what Picasso was to painting." - Leonard Cohen on Bob Dylan

By Perruche_Verte on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 06:16 pm: Edit

Got the CD. It's really good! I'll post a review soon.

PV

By _Blackjack on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 11:20 am: Edit

I find it very interesting that most of the male singers I listen to can't sing. Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, Johnny Cash and Larry Kirwan all have technically bad voices, and Tom Waits and Shane MacGowan have technically good voices that have been horribly damaged.

I have a gorgeous lyric tenor, and it bugs me, because tho I can sing BETTER than any of these guys, I'll never sound as cool. Maybe I should smoke more...

Oh, I got the CD but haven't gotten a chance to sit down and listen to it (or sit down and do anything)...

By Joshua on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 05:03 am: Edit

marc,i absolutly love the cd,everything is solid,the music,the lyrics,and vocals.your voice is simply great.thank you ever so much

By Marc on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:56 am: Edit

absinthedrinker,

sorry about the shameless plug in the middle of our conversation.

Yeah, I can't imagine a worldclass poonhound and
degenerate like Cohen staying down on the farm for too long.

By Marc on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:52 am: Edit

I am humbled and thrilled by the positive response
to my cd. Please,
feel free to post reviews, good or bad, on my website: marccampbell.com

I've released albums on a major label, RCA,
and ended up owing my soul to the company store.
This time I'm determined to bypass the corporations and deal directly with the people who are interested in my music. I haven't bothered to "shop" this project to established labels. Fuck em. Who needs em. I'm going to
make my music available through my website.
Of course, this ain't nothing new. I'm just
a little behind the curve. Your reviews would help
energize my website. And, as I've said, you can get nasty if you want.

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:48 am: Edit

Yeah. I knew he was following Buddhism up on a mountain but I keep hearing rumours that he is getting restless...

By Marc on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:24 am: Edit

absinthedrinker,

Leonard is a practicing Buddhist who lives in a monastery in southern California. I don't know if he'll ever tour again. I hope so. I've never seen him perform live.

His first album was the soundtrack to my young bohemian life in the mid-60s. I remember falling in love with a young hippie chick, Suzen, who introduced me to Cohen. His music was an inspiration to me because, like Leonard,
I couldn't carry a tune. I figured if he could
make records so could I. The emotion transcends the technique.

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:05 am: Edit

Leonard is indeed the man. His first three acoustic albums are still the only vinyl from the 60s that I regularly play. Do you think he will ever tour again?

By Marc on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:56 am: Edit

absinthedrinker,

Nick Cave is one of the few contemporary musicians
that matters. But where would he or I be without the mighty mighty Leonard Cohen? Or Serge Gainsbourg? Or Lou Reed?

Tell Deirdre she made my morning. Nick's the shit.

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:41 am: Edit

Marc

Your CD already set one record, it arrived within three days from New York, it usually takes longer than that to get mail from France!

I poured myself a glass of abs and listened last night and liked it first off, I usually take a couple of plays to get into a new sound. Deirdre thought it was the new Nick Cave album - take that whichever way you want!

Thanks again

By Marc on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:34 am: Edit

Imp,

thankyou. You never know about your own creations. There are times when I feel my songs
are rock solid, other times when I think they're absolute garbage. I send them out into the world
and hope they connect. I'm pleased that they are holding their own against the thunderstorm and La Bleue. Peace, brother.

By Thegreenimp on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 09:41 pm: Edit

A thunderstorm outside, a glass of La Bleue and The Devil's Circus on the stereo......a perfect night!
Damn Marc it's good!

By Marc on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 02:29 pm: Edit

To everyone who requested a cd,

they're in the mail.

If you'd like to review the cd, good or bad, please do so on my website.

Thanks, Marc

By Pataphysician on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 08:26 am: Edit

Here's some more free music:

http://changehistory.bizland.com/

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 08:48 pm: Edit

Good. I'm so lonely...

By Marc on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 05:12 pm: Edit

BLACKJACK,

I got your address. Expect me at your window tonight. I'll be the one with the maniacal grin.

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 04:24 pm: Edit

Don't fall for it. It's just Marc's clever scheme to get your address so he can stalk you... :)

By Marc on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 04:18 pm: Edit

I'll send a free copy of my new cd to the first 10 forumites that e-mail me. Include your address.

hippymc@worldnet.att.net

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation