The Forum is Upgefuckt

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru March 2001:The Forum is Upgefuckt
By Heiko on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 06:50 am: Edit

There is no word like "aufgefickt" in German, but you can use "gefickt" in some limited contexts like "die Bullen haben ihn gefickt" - which means about "he was caught and arrested by the cops". But not everybody will understand this the same way, most people will think you mean it in its original sense (which would mean the cops were gay...).
I guess this is why often the "germanized" version "upgefuckt" (or "abgefuckt"? I've never seen this in written context!) is used in analogy to "fucked up".

By Billynorm on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 10:01 am: Edit

Das Wort ist "aufgefickt," aber ist das Forum in Wahrheit aufgefickt? Ich glaube nicht.

By Artemis on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 06:52 am: Edit

I know a little (very little) German. Your theory of the creation is correct, Heiko, but I thought I was the creator. I've never heard anybody else use "upgefuckt" (upgefucken; was haben sie upgefucken), but it's like an amoeba in the eyebrows of a mosquito. "Wide is the world and one seldom meets friends", he proclaims.

I also use a lot of vocabulary created by Frank Zappa. "Crux of the biscuit" is one of his phrases I recently used here.

By Heiko on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 08:00 pm: Edit

Do you really use "upgefuckt" in English?
I always thought this was a German creation making use of "fucked up" and translating it kind of word by word.
Did it then return to the US, or am I totally wrong about the origin of this word?

By Admin on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 07:53 pm: Edit

yikes! I finally fixed it ... sorry for the downtime.

grrr. buggy.

By Artemis on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 04:29 pm: Edit

Tried to post a new chapter of my NOLA saga, it won't thread correctly, so I'll try another time. Just to let you all know I haven't given up on it.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation