Archive through February 08, 2001

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru March 2001:Tedís Swiss Absinthe - A review.:Archive through February 08, 2001
By Loucheliver on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 05:45 pm: Edit

How about a case of beer from the oldest brewery in America? Yuengling. Family owned for 5 generations since 1829. Just a thought. More of a prayer.
Fingers crossed, hoping against hope.

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 03:06 pm: Edit

Ummmm Ted, interested in anything from Philly?

Cheese steak?   Plastic Liberty Bell?   Duchamp book from Art Museum?   South Philly pompidour girls?   Pictures of me grovelling?   A promise to share with other forumites?

"L'absinthe, je réve..."

By Tabreaux on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:03 am: Edit

Let me see....what do I want from France? Hmmmm.

By Ekmass on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 08:09 am: Edit

Oh and Petermarc, do not worry I have no desire to cut in on your surgar market. But if you are interested in a drink drop me a line.
EM

By Ekmass on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 08:03 am: Edit

Ted, can't make it to N.O. in March as I just moved to France but would be happy to pay and offer whatever support I can in retun for a sample of your new brew. Say a case of surgar cubes...
EM

By Tabreaux on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 01:26 pm: Edit

These tiny samples were part of a gesture of appreciation on my part in exchange for some items which I could not easily obtain without assistance. If you are coming to the gathering, you will get a generous sampling opportunity.

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 12:40 pm: Edit

Well... it doesn't hurt to ask. And everyone's opinion counts for something... or something like that. And if it comes to samples, count me in!

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 12:20 pm: Edit

Ha! You assume there is method to his madness

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 11:53 am: Edit

Hey Ted... how do we get on the sample list???? Huh? Huh?

By Tabreaux on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 11:51 am: Edit

Not that stimulating!

By Petermarc on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 11:27 am: Edit

reee-cooo--looh!

By Tabreaux on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 10:05 am: Edit

FYI: That particular sample was taken from an old Swiss protocol, and uses some very scarce alpine herbs. It is light, herbal, and refreshingly stimulating.

By Dengar on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 08:45 am: Edit

I was able to require a sample of one of Ted Breauxs absinthes. According to Ted it is an absinthe made from an ďold Swiss recipeĒ which ď[JL] may or may not offer somedayĒ. This is one of Tedís other absinthes and not the ďfamous reproductionĒ of Pernod Fils (or whatever) that everybody is anticipating. As Ted wouldnít give away any name for it Iíll just call it Tedís Swiss AbsintheÖ

The color is very pale green, I guess the paleness is something youíll have to live with when you use natural coloring. :-) It looks authentic. Putting the glass under my nose I smell anis, citrus, earth and some herb (or herbs?) that is quite prominent but which I canít identify. According to Ted it contains 68 % alcohol. The louche is beautiful; white with a hint of green.

The taste is similar to the aroma. The anise is there, but itís not as overpowering as with the Spanish brands. It has a complex, very herbal taste. Itís a nice drink, quite round in the mouth and not at all bitter. For the second glass I used a cube of sugar. Not that I feel that it needs some, I usually like my absinthe without sugar. I find the Spanish much to sweet to even consider sugar. The sugar ritual however is fun and is an important part of drinking absinthe, so I felt I had to try it. Tedís Swiss has a nice balance in the taste and really doesnít need sugar, but adding it doesnít do much harm. It actually tastes quite nice both with and without sugar, though I prefer without.

What about the secondary effects? When it comes to this controversial subject Iím part of the skeptics. I wonít give this issue much space. All I can say is that I canít say for sure that I felt any secondary effects, and I canít say for sure that I didnít.

Tedís Swiss Absinthe was I nice drink, different from the other absinthes Iíve tried and I hope JL will produce quantities of it in the future. Was it the best absinthe Iíve ever tried: Yes. Have I tried La Fee yet: No.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation