Archive through February 25, 2001

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru March 2001:Unable to attend NOLA gathering and shameless self promotion:Archive through February 25, 2001
By Germanandy on Sunday, February 25, 2001 - 11:54 am: Edit

@eric- like HOWLIN' WILF & THE VEEJAYS?

By Eric on Saturday, February 24, 2001 - 04:07 pm: Edit

Andy,
there is a good chance we will be over in europe later this year I can keep you posted. actually this band is a departure from the straight ahead rockabilly stuff that Nick has played w/Ronnie Dawson and Kim Lentz. It is much more rooted in early post-war blues and RnB.

Morrigan,
I will put you +1 on the guest list. It sounds like that will be a fun place. looking forward to it. I'll be the guy w/the big bass.

Carl,
sounds like you have spent some time in houston. I have a lot of friends there. If you feel like visiting austin while in texas drop me an email.

thanks everybody, Eric

By Bjacques on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 07:39 pm: Edit

Shoot! I return to the states (Houston) 3 days after you play. Well, I suggest you unwind with wine or generic beer at La Carafe on Market Square (downtown Houston), or walk a couple of blocks over to No Tsu Oh (coffee & tea, no beer license), on 314 Main. No Tsu Oh is sorta like an abandoned house you and your friends hang out in (minus the satanic grafitti) and is a great place just to decompress.

By Morriganlefey on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 10:04 am: Edit

March 7 at the Elbo Room in San Francisco? I'll make a point to stop by & catch your band, Eric!

- Morrigan

By Germanandy on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 07:43 am: Edit

if i were in the usa i would like to go to one of your concerts, but ...
nice band, i like that rockabilly stuff (i've seen janis martin about 12 or 13 years ago, she's my fave, to see that old lady rockin' on stage is great).
good luck

andy

By Eric on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 06:24 am: Edit

I had planned on being in NO but sadly my job makes that now impossible. I will be drinking some of teds yummy absinthe that night though. I will drink a toast to you all. now for the shameless self promotion part of my post: one of the bands that I play in is embarking on a massive tour this weekend. We are called Nick Curran and the Nitelifes. http://www.geocities.com/nick_curran_2000/

here are the dates

feb 25 dallas tx, the boars nest
26 el paso tx, wildhares
27 phoenix az, rhythym room
28 san diego ca, tio leos
mar 1 long beach ca, blues cafe
2 huntington beach ca, lotus lounge w/the paladins
3 los angeles ca, all star lanes w/the paladins
4 hermosa beach ca, cafe boogaloo
6 albany ca, the ivy room
7 san francisco ca, elbo room
9 provo ut, ABGs
10 salt lake city ut, dead goat saloon
12 missoula mt, top hat
13 spokane wa, bayou brewing co
14 moscow id, johns alley
15 tacoma wa, venue TBA
16 seattle wa, ok hotel
17 portland or, TBA
18 independance or, lenoras ghost
21 san jose ca, fuel
22 fresno ca, club fred
23 los angeles ca, rudolfos
24 phoenix az, rhythym room
25 tucson az, plush
26 el paso tx, wildhares
27 santa fe nm, cowgirl hall of fame
28 albuquerque nm, club rnb
29 durango co, storyville
30&31 denver co, ziggys
apr 1 laramie wy, buckhorn
2 ft collins co, TBA
4 columbia mo, mo jos
6 springfield il, the alley
7 dubuque ia, TBA
9 wichita ks, kirbys beerstore
10 kansas city mo, grand emporium
11 okc ok, TBA
12 dallas tx, TBA
13 austin tx, the continental club w/the blazers
14 houston tx, the continental club w/omar and the howlers

that is almost all of the dates that I have now. if anybody here might like to see any of these shows please email me and I will do my best to put your names on the guest list.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation